Ex made contact - reply?

Hi!

Maybe you can help me with my issue:

My ex and I have been apart for 2 months now. He's since contacted me two times (wishing me the best), I have never replied. He was the one who ended it and I just want to move on. He has now again made contact and wrote something cryptic: "I felt you didn't want to talk. You are clearly upset by me writing. I just hope you're happy and well. And you'll be done with university soon, too! Whoop!"

The last thing I want is that he thinks I'm miserable - because I'm really not. What can I send back that doesn't sound desperate?

7 months NC and I got the following msg from my ex (dumper).

"Hello Mark, How have you been? How's life going".

I got similar messages (in fact identical messages) about 6 weeks prior, only this time the messages have come via social media. Maybe she figured I changed my phone number when I didn't respond first time I guess because the messages are very similar.

I'm thinking I will respond. Just a simple "life is alright, thankyou".

When I didn't respond last time, I questioned if I did the right thing for quite a while. This time, I kind of want to just send a msg back and forget. I'm prepared for the fact she may not respond.

• Like 1

It's a breadcrumb.

Best spin: these messages prove he's not a jerk & genuinely feels bad that he is the cause of your pain. Under no circumstances does it mean he wants you back.

Worst spin: he's cruel & taunting you.

If you want it to end the checking on you texts respond as follows:

I'
m
assuming you checking up is out of kindness but after you broke up the kindest thing you can do is never reach out again. I'
m
fine. Now please go away-- forever.

Use your own words but you get the point.

• Like 3