LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

A place for me to write


Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree122Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd March 2018, 4:53 PM   #151
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 508
((Hugs!))

I'm so sorry you're so stressed out. And to not have a partner that wants to lighten your load, or at least try, makes things exponentially worse.

I have no advice, but I wish you peace with whatever decisions you need to make.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 5:14 PM   #152
Established Member
 
BluesPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3,000
You know that is funny in a way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newheart View Post
I am feeling unloved / unlovable today. What a pathetic confession, but true.

Work has been a terrible mess of stress lately. I have a stressful job on it's best days, but we are going through a restructure and I have had to inform many people or some not so pleasant employment changes, and it is wearing on me.

BF has wanted to spend more time together lately, and I can't keep up. Until this week, when, the moment I can't be there, the wall raises. The blinds close. He goes in his cave. Whatever you want to call it ... I knew it would happen. I couldn't see him a couple times this week, and last night when I finally did, he was very distant. When I don't see him and I am excited to see him, it is like it has the opposite effect with him and it creates a rift. The more time I spend with him, the happier he is/closer we are. But life is not that simple, there are work and family obligations. I don't know, maybe I am reading to much into last night, but overall this week hasn't been great.

I am losing steam ... work, kids, him, I am spread so thin. I woke up repeatedly last night, a broken hearted feeling heavy in my chest. I no longer think it is even worth talking to him about. He isn't the same person I fell in love with, his caution and lack of ability to be vulnerable with me is suffocating what could be. It must seem bizarre to others, I only come here to talk about the negatives, and why the hell am I still trying this? It isn't all negative, there is so much good to him, and we have such a good time together. But I can't hang my happiness on him when it is so precarious.

I am close to making the call, it is just a matter of - do I bother talking about it, or do I just walk away? Which will be less painful in the long run, which will cause me fewer regrets? Sigh.
You know that is funny in a way... One of my things I am able to do for women, besides the obvious, is calm them down.

I really don't think about it. I just listen and give encouragement and that seems to be what they want.

I am not really sure why it is a big deal, I just want them to be calm and happy so we can have a good night.

I am not really sure why every guy does not do this, but then, there a more things that I don't understand than things I do understand.
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 11:24 AM   #153
Established Member
 
newheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeast
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesPower View Post
You know that is funny in a way... One of my things I am able to do for women, besides the obvious, is calm them down.

I really don't think about it. I just listen and give encouragement and that seems to be what they want.

I am not really sure why it is a big deal, I just want them to be calm and happy so we can have a good night.

I am not really sure why every guy does not do this, but then, there a more things that I don't understand than things I do understand.
It shouldn't be a big deal, and a little encouragement is great. I'd be happy with a long hug, to be honest, even if no words could be said .... I guess my issue is more how much I give, give, give, and how little I get. He get's weird and doesn't know how to respond when I am upset, and I cut him a lot of slack. But what I realize is then I don't turn to him when I am upset, or stressed, and how fair is that?

Last week he was sick ... out of 5 weeknights, I had meetings two evenings that it didn't work out to see him. I texted and called every day to check on him. Despite everything going on in my life, the other three nights I brought him dinner each night. Then, over the weekend, he had to work extra long shifts (storm) and I didn't see him at all. While he was working, I went to his house and dropped off another home cooked meal, cupcake, and a cute card telling him to hang in there, as a nice surprise when he got home. We chatted on the phone, he thanked me, but it was a thanks like you'd get from someone you held the door for.

Monday I realized - what the hell am I doing? I decided I wasn't going to initiate any contact, and I didn't reach out to him. He had another long day, he texted me a couple times and I responded. Tuesday, nothing. Wednesday, and I am thinking - is this how it ends? We just don't say anything to each other?

I guess I should talk to him ... I guess this didn't work, and I should tell him how I feel and say goodbye. But I am hurt, because I feel that his failure to let me in ... blah blah blah ... I have to collect my thoughts.
newheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 9:06 PM   #154
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 33
I don't really have any advice for you, but just reading through your recent posts, it sounds like you are making all the effort and he is taking you for granted. I've been there and it's a terrible feeling. Relationships should be 50/50 not one sided... I have to remind myself that as well

Good luck with what ever you decide.
Lloyd4Christmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 8:38 AM   #155
Established Member
 
newheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeast
Posts: 398
Thanks, Lloyd. I realize that is more frequently the case.

I took a step back, stopped initiating contact on Sunday, he reached out Sunday and Monday, and then I haven't heard from him all week. Yet, I am the one who feels guilty as knowing that I am the driver in this relationship, I worry that he is sitting home clueless and stubborn enough to not reach out and ask what is going on. Despite everything and all the pain I have endured, I still don't want to hurt him.

Every time I get a text, I hope that it isn't him. That I can make a clean break. How sad is that?

I can't walk away from someone I have loved the better part of 2.5 years, even through the break, and just not say a word and disappear. It just feels wrong (even though he is kind of doing the same thing). On the other hand, I don't want to talk about it, because I am afraid that I will crack. Right now I am sad, but it is manageable. I am focusing on work and kids and looking forward to the spring and having time to myself to do things I enjoy. If I talk to him, I have to speak the words and acknowledge that this is really, truly over.

It still seems like the right thing to do ... and now, we are in this awkward not-speaking few days, and I don't know even know what to say. Hey, disappeared on you all week, you disappeared on me too ... want to talk? Ugh.
newheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 12:34 PM   #156
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 119
I'm sorry that you're going through this Newheart

I am a giver, just like you, and it takes a toll when you're not getting anything back. I truly enjoy doing things for the people that I love and it is the worst feeling when I don't think I'm being appreciated.

It seems like your gut is telling you that you shouldn't be with him but your heart is telling you something else. I know how difficult it can be which is why I can't tell you that you should walk away but I would suggest that you try to focus on other things. From what I read, you are a very busy woman, so that helps but there must be something that you enjoy doing where you can mostly close yourself off from thoughts of him. Or at least numb the pain a bit. Baking and listening to music helps me clear my thoughts and so does taking a long walk and listening to depressing or angry music, but that's just me

I'm having my own relationship problems and sometimes I feel like I get so obsessive and stuck in my thoughts that I'm not seeing the real picture. It's hard to decide what would be best for you because life is so short and nobody wants to waste time. Ughhh I don't feel like I've been helpful here but I do wish you the best. Sometimes I forget to check this section for you but I'm always hoping for some positive news. Keep on posting please
Kellens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2018, 9:46 PM   #157
Established Member
 
newheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeast
Posts: 398
Thank you, Kellen. Thank you so much. It means a lot ... wow, a year later? More than ... to still have people caring about me.

I am pretty certain that it is done.

I haven't contacted him all week, I needed some space. Like I said, he reached out a few times Monday, but nothing since. He knew I had a tough day Monday, and I was disappointed in his distance, as usual. I set a deadline (to myself) to talk to him about our status by 3/18, the six month mark of our reconnecting. Six months, and we spend more time together than we ever have, but no intimacy.

Last night I suggested we talk, he said he "figured out what was going on" based on our last conversation and that he didn't see what good a talk would do. (He assumed I was breaking up with him) To be fair, I was counting on this. I know, sounds crazy. But I knew his D-A self wouldn't want to hear what I had to say, so this gave me the opportunity to email him. Maybe I am just as screwed up ... but I am emotionally exhausted.

I said my goodbyes to a man I've loved the better part of 2.5 years, more than anyone I've loved before, via email.

And, tomorrow is a new day, everyone.

Last edited by newheart; 10th March 2018 at 9:49 PM..
newheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2018, 12:32 PM   #158
Established Member
 
newheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Northeast
Posts: 398
March 17th. Here I sit in my Ireland flag socks, shamrock leggings and Irish Mets t-shirt feeling sorry for myself.

I really have done well ... I've not even shed a tear the last two days, although I suppose that isn't representative of internal feelings, but it is a good sign for me. I have driven past his house, our favorite restaurant, the sidewalk where we had our first kiss ... nearly twenty times in the last two weeks, have to drop my son off at his sports practices. I've done so well - at first had to consciously make myself not look, and progressed as much as I even forgot as I was passing a couple times this week. All good. Today, not so much ... driving by, I glanced over at his house and saw he wasn't home, and figured he was off celebrating our holiday with someone else, as stupid as that sounds.

My happy hour plans are cancelled, kids are all off doing there own things, and I am just feeling sad. Wondering if I made a mistake, if I should have had this conversation with him sooner before this happened.

I'll be having my obligatory Guinness alone tonight.
newheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2018, 11:09 AM   #159
Established Member
 
BluesPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3,000
I am sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newheart View Post
March 17th. Here I sit in my Ireland flag socks, shamrock leggings and Irish Mets t-shirt feeling sorry for myself.

I really have done well ... I've not even shed a tear the last two days, although I suppose that isn't representative of internal feelings, but it is a good sign for me. I have driven past his house, our favorite restaurant, the sidewalk where we had our first kiss ... nearly twenty times in the last two weeks, have to drop my son off at his sports practices. I've done so well - at first had to consciously make myself not look, and progressed as much as I even forgot as I was passing a couple times this week. All good. Today, not so much ... driving by, I glanced over at his house and saw he wasn't home, and figured he was off celebrating our holiday with someone else, as stupid as that sounds.

My happy hour plans are cancelled, kids are all off doing there own things, and I am just feeling sad. Wondering if I made a mistake, if I should have had this conversation with him sooner before this happened.

I'll be having my obligatory Guinness alone tonight.
I am sorry... I know that it hurts.

I had to breakup with a girl that I really loved, wow, that one hurt a ton. I still love her, not the same way of course, but it is there.

You know that you will heal, and you know it will take time, and we all know it sucks.

And remember, not that you are ready by any means, but when you least expect it you can and will find love.

I happened to me, it is so good that we both can't believe that it is real and that it happened. We were both not looking for anything.

I was not seeing (or sleeping with any women) at the time as I was in time out from a previous break up.

Go ahead and cry, and move forward. I cried about the one above even though I broke up with her and I am a guy.

Just take your time and heal. And remember, no one can say that you did not try to work, because you did.

Sometimes it just does not work, I wonder if those hurt worse or not. I don't know, they all hurt to some extent.

Hang in there...
BluesPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2018, 1:43 PM   #160
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesPower View Post
I am sorry... I know that it hurts.

I had to breakup with a girl that I really loved, wow, that one hurt a ton. I still love her, not the same way of course, but it is there.

You know that you will heal, and you know it will take time, and we all know it sucks.

And remember, not that you are ready by any means, but when you least expect it you can and will find love.

I happened to me, it is so good that we both can't believe that it is real and that it happened. We were both not looking for anything.

I was not seeing (or sleeping with any women) at the time as I was in time out from a previous break up.

Go ahead and cry, and move forward. I cried about the one above even though I broke up with her and I am a guy.

Just take your time and heal. And remember, no one can say that you did not try to work, because you did.

Sometimes it just does not work, I wonder if those hurt worse or not. I don't know, they all hurt to some extent.

Hang in there...

Man this is poignant. I broke up with a girl last year (same girl that broke my heart recently, hence me spending hours on this site). I loved her tremendously but we had so many issues. It tore me apart and I went back to her. I should have stayed gone. We tried again for a year and she eventually broke up with me. I would STILL love to stupidly try again but she may have a better resolve than I.


Good luck to you Newheart
TeddyPSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just need a place to write snokin Coping 0 22nd February 2011 12:06 PM
I just need a place to write down my thoughts and feelings... so here I am gaura Breaks and Breaking Up 5 29th November 2009 11:17 PM
should i write my ex or wait for him to write me? pinkcrush88 Second Chances 2 27th April 2009 10:27 PM
to write or not to write - he has said he wants to be 'just friends,' bella_girl Friends and Lovers 0 14th September 2006 1:01 PM
Thank-you letter to EX? To write or not to write.... Israfil Separation and Divorce 23 5th March 2005 4:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 9:43 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.