Anyone WANT Their Ex to get in a relationship soon?

Cookiesandough

Cookiesandough

My ex has been single for a year. We are FB friends and he has not changed his pic of us, but we're not on really on talking terms or will ever be. Since we aren't talking, I'm sure he's probably seeing other girls but for the strangest reason, I really want him to get a GF. There are a couple reasons. First, I feel like it will be the only way I can officially be DONE. It will make him moving on more real so I can accept what's already. secondly, I want to see this girl he gets.

Anyone can relate?

I wouldn't say I WANTED it. In fact, it was quite devastating at the time because of how relatively quickly it happened given the genuinely serious nature of our relationship.

However, time has let me see that it was for the best, as I was also stuck in limbo between the time I left and the time she got into the new relationship. I was not opposed to reconciliation despite knowing it was probably best not to venture down that road. Her quickly linking up with someone else forced me to follow a path that I hadn't committed to travel down to that point.

• Like 2

I have never wanted my ex's to find someone else, I haven't cared either way. When we're done, we're done. There is no need to stalk their social media and see if he'll find someone more or less attractive than yourself. By doing that, you are not letting yourself move on.

• Like 2
havesomethingtosay

You do not sound like you have good character. You do not sound like a good catch. I am a 34 year old women telling you that you sound like anyone your ex choses, although you feel you are better then, are actually better then you. I don't know what you look like but your attitude is not one. Maybe you hurt you ex, in which case your ex wasn't grown, experienced or wise enough to see that but you were with him and are doing this to him, so in all honesty, you are the one with the problem.

havesomethingtosay
Exactly!!!!

You want him to block you, yet you will not block him. You are the one with incredible issues. I hope loveshack can actually view this and realize this when commenting on their posts. I wouldn't give you the time of day after this.

• Like 1
My ex has been single for a year. We are FB friends and he has not changed his pic of us, but we're not on really on talking terms or will ever be. Since we aren't talking, I'm sure he's probably seeing other girls but for the strangest reason, I really want him to get a GF. There are a couple reasons. First, I feel like it will be the only way I can officially be DONE. It will make him moving on more real so I can accept what's already. secondly, I want to see this girl he gets.

Anyone can relate?

No.

You're already officially done, what he does with his life doesn't matter.

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough
You do not sound like you have good character. You do not sound like a good catch. I am a 34 year old women telling you that you sound like anyone your ex choses, although you feel you are better then, are actually better then you. I don't know what you look like but your attitude is not one. Maybe you hurt you ex, in which case your ex wasn't grown, experienced or wise enough to see that but you were with him and are doing this to him, so in all honesty, you are the one with the problem.

This seems a little untoward. I don't know what made you feel making an account to insult me was warranted, but I hope you're okay.

My ex husband and the father of my kids has remained single since our divorce almost a decade ago.

It's not the same scenario that you presented OP, but well yes....I'd like to see him happy with someone. I've been married, widowed and am now in an LTR for about two years....so it's not about myself moving on.

I think he'd enjoy finding compatibility, love and getting laid on the regular so as long as she's a cool woman (because of the kids) yes, I would be happy to see him with someone. For real though, not on facebook.

• Like 1

I definitely think it helped me move on when my ex got married. It was that final nail in the coffin. Sometimes, no matter how much you have moved on, you have that niggling feeling in the back of your head saying "what if?" But I never wanted him to move on with someone else because I felt like it would reflect badly on me. Like, it would devalue what we had I guess. I think you need to stop being FB friends with him, so you won't be so concerned with it anymore.

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough

Anddddd he has a new girl Hahaha. Not seen yet. Now that it's real I don't know how I feel. It was better in theory. =/ But I guess I'm happy for him.

Edited by Cookiesandough