Email etiquette question

romantic_fool

I am in semi-NC - not initiating any contact and replying on a delayed/sporadic basis. Ex still wants to remain friends. Though it has been a few months since she broke up with me, I still reply to her emails signing off "Love S' whereas she instantly reverted to "Take care, Z". Just thought I would enquire if anyone has any views on this?

Yeah definitely don't use the "love" in there. My ex replies with "best wishes" or "best regards" when he actually takes the time to email me (it's like a miracle if he ever replies lol). I am actually offended by him using that. It's very business like and even cruel if you ask me. I would rather just see just his name at the end instead of "best wishes." Does anyone think that is some passive hostility? :confused:

Well maybe I am just overanalyzing.

romantic_fool, I would stop using the love at the end. Use take care or if you really want to, take a tip from my ex and say "best regards" :mad:

Sorry I went off on a tangent..it just really bugs me that he writes that.

Originally posted by XNemesisX

I would rather just see just his name at the end instead of "best wishes." Does anyone think that is some passive hostility? :confused:

I do, too!

romantic_fool, stop writing "love" at the end of your email. I'd start to treat her with the same hypocritical politeness as your ex does. Don't get upset or anything, just be incredibly polite and after a while you will get some reaction. If she is playing games with you, she will start to wonder why it's not working anymore and why you can be so calm. If she's not playing games with you, it still won't hurt to be polite.

HokeyReligions
Originally posted by faux

I also would not be corresponding with the woman via e-mail.

Ditto.

Originally posted by romantic_fool

I am in semi-NC -

there is no such thing as "semi NC", ROMANTIC_FOOL. Semi NC is like bigfoot, the yeti or the loch ness monster....it does not exist in this universe.

You are either in contact or you are not (NC). You are either dead or alive, not semi-alive. You are either married or not. Period.

Please get the terminology straight here.

thanks

I'm gonna have to go with "Take Care." She might read too much into "Love" and the fact that she isn't saying it back means something too...

SP

there is no such thing as "semi NC", ROMANTIC_FOOL. Semi NC is like bigfoot, the yeti or the loch ness monster....it does not exist in this universe.

:laugh:

Good point!

whichwayisup

I wouldn't email either...But if you're going to and you wanna make a point? Don't sign your name. Don't do anything. Just write what you're gonna write and stop at the dot.