LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Your last relationship: How long did it last? Scale of 1-10 how badly did it end?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:12 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZayKayWill View Post
What happened?
He has BPD.. that was a tough one to crawl out of >_<
Ieris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 3:12 AM   #17

Being dumped after a full 4 year relationship, which kinda extended to 5 years,including the post break-up interaction which had no sexual element,still talking and pleading (mainly from my end) for her return and another chance.When the end finally came, it was a month after an affirmation on her behalf that we could see into it and give one more try.
Being psychologically burdened and finally having hope that things will get back on track for me, after 1 1/2 year of psychological struggle (part of which was cemented by the break-up), it was too much when she finally said that it was immature on her behalf to return to our relationship and make another try. From the sheer impact on me and my daily life, I'd give it a clean 7/10. And that without the occasional suspicion that my replacement was on the way, which to a point seemed probable, but still I have no real evidence and didn't look it up anyways (because I was afraid and depressed already).
NeonKoss81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 3:14 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieris View Post
He has BPD.. that was a tough one to crawl out of >_<
Not sure what that means?
ZayKayWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 4:04 AM   #19

7 months

10/10

It all completely collapsed on my end. I ended up looking like a complete fool and totally humiliated. I'm now seeing a therapist. But I have gotten better, albeit it's been 5 months NC, 8 months BU. But I'm still not over how it all went down and that she's completely gone. It just kills me man.
LitTunnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 4:29 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitTunnel View Post
7 months

10/10

It all completely collapsed on my end. I ended up looking like a complete fool and totally humiliated. I'm now seeing a therapist. But I have gotten better, albeit it's been 5 months NC, 8 months BU. But I'm still not over how it all went down and that she's completely gone. It just kills me man.
It takes time. Been a year for me and still not over it.
Old 3rd February 2017, 4:37 AM   #21
Established Member

9 years LDR.

Got dumped in another country while visiting her on a holiday. Also found out there and then she had met someone else.

I was sent on my way and that was that.

I let you decide where that fits on the scale.

Its been 2 years and I'd say the last 4 months or so, I have felt a little better. The hurt has improved by about 50 per cent or so but I'm so different now. Before I was a good boy with some bad in me. Now I am a hardened/bad boy with maybe a little good inside but u have to dig pretty hard to find it.

Last edited by marky00; 3rd February 2017 at 4:51 AM..
marky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 4:54 AM   #22
PLT
Established Member

3 years (or 4 if you count the extremely drawn out break up).

It's got to be a 9 or 10/10. I can take no good from the calendar year of 2016. It was just filled with pain, anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts. I was manipulated, played games with, quite probably emotionally cheated on, and made to feel completely worthless. I thought my life was over. I thought my last chance at happiness had just up and left. I still struggle with it, but can at least recognise now that it was for the best. If we'd stayed together and she carried on the way she had been for much of the previous year, I may well have tipped over the edge. Thankfully I'm starting to see glimpses of the old me coming back before she got her vicious, poisonous hooks into me.
PLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 5:33 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky00 View Post
9 years LDR.

Got dumped in another country while visiting her on a holiday. Also found out there and then she had met someone else.

I was sent on my way and that was that.

I let you decide where that fits on the scale.

Its been 2 years and I'd say the last 4 months or so, I have felt a little better. The hurt has improved by about 50 per cent or so but I'm so different now. Before I was a good boy with some bad in me. Now I am a hardened/bad boy with maybe a little good inside but u have to dig pretty hard to find it.
That's awful. You were going there to have a good time and yet she couldn't man up and dump you before you even decided to make the trip. That's so scummy of her. Im so sorry man. I've kinda sorta been there when I was with my ex she broke up with me then got back with me a few hrs later. My relationship was Long Distance as well. Don't think I'll ever forget that. I went up there during Thanksgiving. She lived in the UK. Where did your ex live? I just don't see why she would even have you go up there if she was planning to dump you anyway. Was she trying to seriously break your heart or something? What did you seriously do to deserve that??? O_o. I am so sorry.
Old 3rd February 2017, 9:51 AM   #24
Established Member

Quote:
That's awful. You were going there to have a good time and yet she couldn't man up and dump you before you even decided to make the trip. That's so scummy of her. Im so sorry man. I've kinda sorta been there when I was with my ex she broke up with me then got back with me a few hrs later. My relationship was Long Distance as well. Don't think I'll ever forget that. I went up there during Thanksgiving. She lived in the UK. Where did your ex live? I just don't see why she would even have you go up there if she was planning to dump you anyway. Was she trying to seriously break your heart or something? What did you seriously do to deserve that??? O_o. I am so sorry.
She's from Thailand.

What makes it even worse is she had visited me in Australia 6 weeks earlier and spent time with my family over Christmas.

The relationship was complex and very hard to understand for sure. Which is probably why she is now sending me messages asking me how I am doing after a good 6 months hard no contact.

It was just a perfect storm the way it went down. I arrived on Valentine's day and I think this other guy had just started to flirt with her (according to her story). I guess she just panicked and just turned into a nightmare. I'll never know the truth but, maybe she'd been going behind my back for longer than she claims. So many things did not add up, there was no closure provided really.

Last edited by marky00; 3rd February 2017 at 9:57 AM..
marky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 10:25 AM   #25
Established Member

On and off for about 2 to 3 years. About a 10 on the scale. Worst experience of my life.
We were engaged-she cheated on me with someone we work with so I broke up with her but the pain lingered because I had to see the both of them and it was a constant reminder.
Then she kept finding excuses to contact me. Told her to leave me alone. Final straw was when she dumped basically things that weren't mine all over my front yard. Had to call the police. So embarrassing.
Been is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 11:13 AM   #26

semi recent. she had more than 1 affair and is still trying to replace me as a father figure for them. I picked my son up from school the other day and he asked me if thought mom was a slut. I told him that if you don't want to be in a relationship with someone then you should at least let them know.
downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 1:14 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeast View Post
semi recent. she had more than 1 affair and is still trying to replace me as a father figure for them. I picked my son up from school the other day and he asked me if thought mom was a slut. I told him that if you don't want to be in a relationship with someone then you should at least let them know.
DAYUM. How old is he?
Old 3rd February 2017, 9:21 PM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky00 View Post
Before I was a good boy with some bad in me. Now I am a hardened/bad boy with maybe a little good inside but u have to dig pretty hard to find it.
I love this. Couldn't be more spot on. No doubt a heartbreak and a traumatic breakup with a woman you deeply loved can change a man. Never will i ever be the same again. Wish id gone through this with a different girl before meeting my ex, im positive things would have been different between us. But, alas, ive learned a lot about myself. I think we all do after a breakup.

Everytime i hear a woman now complain about a man who is "emotionally distant" or a see a bad boy who cannot let himself commit or reveal his heart to a woman, i think "this guy knows pain". I know all those emotionally distant men out there are damaged. Sometime in his past, he got his heart broken pretty bad, and made promises to himself to protect himself in the future. He's less "nice", he's less open, he's less emotional l. And it is likely because he once was all those things before some woman before her ripped it all out of him.

However, ironically, this new hardened man will have more success in future relationships because of this. Experience is golden. Hardening is part of becoming a man, IMO a point you dont reach until experiencing heartbreak a few times.
jamili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 9:27 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
1 being not that bad if bad at all and 10 being the worst break up imaginable. Last relationship lasted about a good 9 months (5 months officially). Ended pretty badly. Would say maybe 6.5/10 bad. Nothing too horrible but still far from a happy ending...
Hmm
It seems to me there are two answers to this question:

... when they broke up with me

and

--- when I broke up with her

8 and 0 and forever
mightycpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 9:51 PM   #30
Established Member

5 years.. First love, ended horrible id say an 11 after basically going through a significant portion of our adolescence together I thought our bond was strong. **** went down hill when she hit 21. Just went from her dumping me blocking me every where in a day to a quick week of the most horrendous mind games, all while we had a cruise planned two months away. On top of that she tryed I guess destroying me? Just hooking up with dudes left and right, old friends included. Blocking me out of her life completely. This is all from the girl I thought I loved and knew, sat there with her as her grandfather died of lung cancer, I was there for her numerous surgeries for her skin cancer. I can't think of a time I was not there for her. Never cheated never did anything I Dident deserve it at all. She would just start fights with me and put the Blaim on me constantly. The pain was and is still pretty intense at times. It's been like 10 months bu and 9 nc aside for her showin up at my door recently to tell me she's not a terrible person and she wanted closure. The feeling of worthlessness is so incredible at times I just have to lay there in pain of betrayal. I guess that's what I get for loving some one.
Pumpingiron34 is offline   Reply With Quote