Any chance of reconciliation?

My girlfriend (20) dumped me (24) after a huge argument 3 days ago. Over text. It was horrible. I just said, if that is what you want, I respect that. And didnt text her since.

I felt all kinds of emotions, regret, sadness. All I wanted was reconciliation. I know the actions that I am going to do the next few weeks are very, very critical.

I called her the next day and basically asked her to come back, and she said no, I won't accept you and asked us to be friends. I refused. I even deleted her number to save me from the temptation of calling her again.

I can tell that she's really really hurt by the argument and basically just leaving me on the edge. I know we both love each other.

I didnt text her (NC)until today, when she saw a female friend of mine post something on my facebook regarding relationships (not talking to your exes). She sent me a long text asking whether I was talking smack about her ever since the breakup.

I replied with a "No, it wasn't about you. It was about someone else and I know you have differing opinions about texting exes and I respect that. Thank you"

And she replied with "Thanks for clarifying"

That moment? I felt crushed. She then unfriended me on fb, and deleted all our photos on instagram.

Was it a way to get a reaction from me? I didnt text at all after that reply...

I need time to heal, be a better man, emotionally, physically. But I really do love her, and want to be with her in my life.

Tyler_Tyrell

As you said, your actions over the course of the next few weeks are very important.

You didn't say the exact reasons why your relationship ended. But, whatever the reasons, if you want to get a reaction from her... I'd say your best choice is to stay quiet for a few weeks and see what happens. As of now, there's probably not much you can do with just words; she already refused to get back with you once, if you try again now you're likely to get the same response. So... don't contact her, make her miss you. Let her come back to you. That may (or may not) change the way she feels, over time. I'd say it's worth a try.

Her deleting the photos from Instagram and unfriending you from FB may be not indicative of how she really feels. When my girlfriend left me after 5 years, I deleted all our photos from FB, but that doesn't mean I don't want to get back with her - quite the opposite. Deleting stuff and severing ties are mechanisms of self-defense that may or may not be indicative of a person's true feelings.

Edited by Tyler_Tyrell