Why is he making everything soooo difficult?!?!

OK, i probably made a mistake here, but i am just...bored of the situation!!

I broke up with my ex about 2 and a half months ago, and to those of you who have already replied to my previous threads, i really REALLY liked him and jsut wanted nothing more than to get him back. But just recently, i suppose I have finally reache the 'Acceptance' stage where I'm jsut dealing with it, and i realise now that we probably won't get back together. Now though, i do just want to be friends, and he did say he wanted to.

We still haven't really talked so i jsut texted him to say that we should because i just want to hurry up, sort this out and move on and just be friends. Don't know if he's taking that the wrong way or not, but it's true.

I do just want to be his friend. I miss his company more than the 'us' of being together and thats all i really need back, i don't want to lose that.

I broke about 10 days of NC to send him that.

I mean,I would still like him back but I suppose you sometimes have to get to a stage when you know to cut ur losses, for your own self-preservation nd to be honest, if we're friends, i probably stand more of a chance of getting him back anyway. I say this only because he broke up with me once before, i was cool, we stayed friends, everything was fine and he said how he wanted me back

I'm not doing this in the hope to get him back, although i do acknowlege knowing him, it might help, but what advice does anyone have to let him know that friendship is all i miss and that he should just get some balls and sort this out and let us have our friendship back.

P.S. He still hasn't replied or called yet thoug - i sent this about 6 hours ago....input?!?!?!?!

::The friendship isn't what you're after.. ::

I know you miss him, I know you're heartbroken.. but I also think you're in denial regarding your reasons for wishing to try to keep this friendship..

LOL you protest to much sister!

He hasn't responded.. what does that tell you about how important your frienship is to him? Sometimes people just cannot maintain a frienship once they've broke up.. and IMO it's almost impossible to have a friends only relationship with someone you still so clearly want to be with in a romantic way..

Leave things alone girl.. you've put yourself out there.. he's not responded.. so yeah.. leave it alone.

IF he's really even a friend to you.. he will get back with you on this.

Hi Butterflye

I agree with Merin. My ex really wants to be friends with me or so she says, she says I am the best friend she ever had. I don't get how she could 'just' be friends with somebody she clearly wanted so much with and then see that person in a differnet light. I told her that I dont think I could do that and she just said jeez now Ive got to beg for your friendship. The thing is could you handle being his friend if he were telling you about who he is dating or would like to date? and to be perfectly honest, if he did meet somebody else you would be out of his life in a flash. Could you handle another loss? I know I couldn't but it is entirely upto you.

Please keep strong.

Simon

x

Yeah its true cause ive found myself doing the same thing. My x girlfriend left me, and just recently we had our first conversation in like 11 weeks.

I was asking if we could still be friends, hangout and stuff but she was very hesitant to the situation. And I can see her point of view, she told me she didnt wanna give me false hope and it probably would be very uncomfortable.

We are in self denial if we wanna be 'just friends'. I know from my point of view that my intentions were to hopefully befriend her then she would fall for me again.

As much as they say they miss you and care about you, I think it would be too uncomfortable for them cause they dont wanna hurt you, and they are well aware of our intentions HA! sneaky bastards we can be :)