Eyes closed, you pull yourself up from the sand

and stumble blindly in your hope

Behind you lies a trail of slain ideals

sparkling seductively in the moonlight.

You may as well take them with you.

When you’re weak, they look so pretty they almost speak

• Like 4
  • Author

Thank you. Yes, wrote it a while back and some analogy I was giving on here earlier reminded me of my own obsessive love weary times!

• Author

Oh, thank you. That's so nice to hear. Truth is, not many people care about poetry anymore. Probably only other poets or writers.

Oh wow!!!:eek:

I got the chills!

Beautifully written...such expressive langauge!!!

You're very talented preraph! :D

I love writing poems too...poetry is underrated...it calms me and validates me in a way nothing else can

Can you tell us in your own words what this poem means to you...and why you wrote it?

• Like 2
  • Author

There's a guy that I have known 40 years almost and we have a lot of water under the bridge, love, betrayal, career stuff, and kind of an impossible situation, and we were on parallel paths, so our lives criss-crossed. I imagine I wrote that poem when I knew that in order to come back fully from my major depression and PTSD, that I would have to drag him back into my life to complete the healing process.

• Like 2
  • Author
Oh wow!!!:eek:

I got the chills!

Beautifully written...such expressive langauge!!!

You're very talented preraph! :D

I love writing poems too...poetry is underrated...it calms me and validates me in a way nothing else can

Can you tell us in your own words what this poem means to you...and why you wrote it?

One good thing about writing is even when a relationship turned to crap, there is some satisfaction that out of the ruins, you created something of beauty, so it's like taking back a little bit of yourself.

• Like 2
There's a guy that I have known 40 years almost and we have a lot of water under the bridge, love, betrayal, career stuff, and kind of an impossible situation, and we were on parallel paths, so our lives criss-crossed. I imagine I wrote that poem when I knew that in order to come back fully from my major depression and PTSD, that I would have to drag him back into my life to complete the healing process.

One good thing about writing is even when a relationship turned to crap, there is some satisfaction that out of the ruins, you created something of beauty, so it's like taking back a little bit of yourself.

Thats what I gathered from the overall message and tone of the poem...makes alot of sense...you summarized your experience with him so poignantly

I cant tell you how beautiful your poem is...I keep re-reading it

I REALLY agree with the bold print!!!!

Heres a poem I wrote after I walked in on my ex cheating on me. Its very different than yours and probably cant compare to your but here it is...

The deception of a man's heart runs deep

It runs miles deeper than my mind can travel

And is vaster than my mind can comprehend

The deception of a man's heart has shattered my own truth

It has made me eat every pretty word

And swallow every ugly truth

The deception of a man's heart has cost me the price of a million cities

It has stripped me of the dignity of a thousand kings

It has robbed me of my good nature

My good faith

My kindess

All of which are now diminished to waste - Dis

• Like 2
  • Author
[/b]

Thats what I gathered from the overall message and tone of the poem...makes alot of sense...you summarized your experience with him so poignantly

I cant tell you how beautiful your poem is...I keep re-reading it

I REALLY agree with the bold print!!!!

Heres a poem I wrote after I walked in on my ex cheating on me. Its very different than yours and probably cant compare to your but here it is...

The deception of a man's heart runs deep

It runs miles deeper than my mind can travel

And is vaster than my mind can comprehend

The deception of a man's heart has shattered my own truth

It has made me eat every pretty word

And swallow every ugly truth

The deception of a man's heart has cost me the price of a million cities

It has stripped me of the dignity of a thousand kings

It has robbed me of my good nature

My good faith

My kindess

All of which are now diminished to waste - Dis

Oh, that's really beautiful! It's just a tragic time when our dreams and hopes are crushed. Once it happens, it's very hard to ever fully give yourself again. Someone has to really earn it. It sucks the life out of us, tramples our best impulses into dust, doesn't it? Very poignant. So tragic.

• Like 1
Oh, that's really beautiful! It's just a tragic time when our dreams and hopes are crushed. Once it happens, it's very hard to ever fully give yourself again. Someone has to really earn it. It sucks the life out of us, tramples our best impulses into dust, doesn't it? Very poignant. So tragic.

Thank you! :D And yes...I whole heartedly agree. I wrote that poem not just about my most recent ex...but my previous ex who also cheated on me. It was my way of expressing how almost every man I give myself to seems to stab me in the back and like you said, crush my hopes. What is it in people that is so poisoned...so damaged...that they cant seem to treat us with common courtsey and respect??? I'm at a loss

• Like 1
  • Author
Thank you! :D And yes...I whole heartedly agree. I wrote that poem not just about my most recent ex...but my previous ex who also cheated on me. It was my way of expressing how almost every man I give myself to seems to stab me in the back and like you said, crush my hopes. What is it in people that is so poisoned...so damaged...that they cant seem to treat us with common courtsey and respect??? I'm at a loss

The older I get, the more it is a conglomeration of people I am writing about. Now that I'm older, I write kind of in a trance. It starts out with random lines before it starts flowing, and sometimes I don't even remember I wrote something and I go back and find it. And then I have to let it sit weeks, months, or years before I can edit it. It's weird.

It's hard to be the person you want to be inside when no one will LET you be that or will only prey on that.

• Like 1
The older I get, the more it is a conglomeration of people I am writing about. Now that I'm older, I write kind of in a trance. It starts out with random lines before it starts flowing, and sometimes I don't even remember I wrote something and I go back and find it. And then I have to let it sit weeks, months, or years before I can edit it. It's weird.

It's hard to be the person you want to be inside when no one will LET you be that or will only prey on that.

I know what you mean, I turned 30 in June...now it seems every guy that somehow betrays me just becomes the same as the others....they all seem to be one giant messed up person I keep dealing with. I'm in therapy now so hopefully I'll figure out how to make better decisions when it comes to dating

Writing processes are pretty neat...every writer has their own. I can only write when I'm in some pretty intense emotional pain....then the first line of a poem pops up in my head...the rest just flows

Whatever your writing process is keep up with it. Your writing is incredible. I re-read your poem again today and identified with it in a very personal way. That made the poem even more powerful to me

Thanks again for sharing your work and I'd LOVE to hear more! :D

• Like 1
  • Author
I know what you mean, I turned 30 in June...now it seems every guy that somehow betrays me just becomes the same as the others....they all seem to be one giant messed up person I keep dealing with. I'm in therapy now so hopefully I'll figure out how to make better decisions when it comes to dating

Writing processes are pretty neat...every writer has their own. I can only write when I'm in some pretty intense emotional pain....then the first line of a poem pops up in my head...the rest just flows

Whatever your writing process is keep up with it. Your writing is incredible. I re-read your poem again today and identified with it in a very personal way. That made the poem even more powerful to me

Thanks again for sharing your work and I'd LOVE to hear more! :D

You keep writing too. And good luck with the therapy. When young I wrote mostly when in pain. Then I began to write more from inspiration like from songs or a book or something. Then I didn't write through the depression and when I came back, it was all kind of in a trance. I haven't had the urge to write for awhile. I'm working too much and not inspired.

• Like 1