Why does my ex keep contacting me in this way?

I was with my ex for 5 and a half years, we split up 6 months ago, she was the one that ended it. I was very upset at the time and it still hurts now. I have been keeping to the NC rule, I know that she doesnt want me back, and scince we split she has never phoned or text to see how i am.

But she is on MSN messanger, and every time she comes on she trys to talk to me on there. i never reply to her, she says thinks like, its a shame it turned out like this, then just goes offline. I just think its strange after 6 months that she does this, has anyone got any ideas?

LucreziaBorgia

There's really no telling. It could be anything from simple curiosity, to ego-stroking head games. You have to decide for yourself whether its worth it to you to pick at that relationship scab she left on your heart - either its healed, and you find that you can interact with her objectively, or you pick it and end up bleeding and in as much pain as you were in 6 months ago.

If you have any unresolved romantic feelings for her, or any residual pain left - then my suggestion is to block her from your IM's and email, and remove her contact from them both so that you can't see if she is online. If you want her back, and you know she doesn't want you back - then there's no point in letting her back in if you know all you'll get from it is pain. Just because you dated her, doesn't obligate you to be friends with her after the fact.

• Author

Yeah, i suppose blocking her would be the best idea, but i suppose part of me, doent want to, for some reason. Thanks anyway