Ex contacted after 3 months of no contact

My ex dumped me around 3 months ago it was very sudden and blindsided. After 3 months of no contact he recently decided that he was going to start he texting me almost every day (not once have I texted first its only been him). He even asked me to hang out or has told me he was going to ask me to.

Not sure if he's trying to be friends or trying to get back together with me..?

He is trying to get back together with you. Find another guy, if you broke up once it will happen again for the same reason.

hakuna matata

Been down this same path, trot carefully and with caution. With the time frame of 3 months, most likely the reasons he left you for he has not had enough time to process thoroughly and thus history is bound to repeat itself.

I concur, use extreme caution. I recently had an ex come back after 5 months, things seemed great...within a week it went from great to disaster where we have now ruined any chance of a friendship, and we were friends for over 15 years.

Extreme caution if not just moving on.

RumRunner43

I agree, please use caution.

Have you just flat asked him what his intentions are? What does he want from you? and more importantly what do you want now that some time has passed? How do you feel about him and what has transpired?

Ugh.. While many of us think this is what we want (myself included!) I am kind of sorry for you that he is contacting you.. I'm afraid it'll undo the healing you've been doing.

My ex totally blindsided me with the breakup as well.. It's been just awful. All I know is that for me, the damage he did by ending things out of the blue with no explanation isn't something I think I could ever get over. So even if he reached out to me tomorrow and begged for me back, I would have to say no :( If they can up and leave us once, they can do it again. Would you ever feel safe and secure in the relationship again? It would be really hard.

If you don't want to give things another shot, I'd take this opportunity to get some closure. It does feel good to our egos to have them reach out to us and miss us. I wish mine would just so I could stop constantly wondering wtf happened with us. But personally I'd use it as an ending point. There is some satisfaction in regaining a bit of control. I think it would feel pretty damn good to turn my ex down :p But I'm still grieving.. Eventually I won't even want to do that!

Best of luck with whatever you do though. BE SUPER CAUTIOUS and don't let him worm his way back in too easily! Please keep us posted-- I'm curious how this will play out.

• Author
I agree, please use caution.

Have you just flat asked him what his intentions are? What does he want from you? and more importantly what do you want now that some time has passed? How do you feel about him and what has transpired?

I haven't asked anything buy jusy played along with his conversations, hes one of those people that will run away from questions like that