Struggled yesterday until I received this message from a friend ....

Isittolatenow

Yesterday it took every ounce of my being not to message him. I just wanted to see his name on my phone, I wanted to know I'd crossed his mind, even for a millisecond.

I decided my way forward was to text everyone else I could, to try and resist the urge.

I received a message from a friend, who wasn't aware we'd split. Completely coincidentally. (I don't know him well enough to text him randomly!) I explained what had happened and got this message from him .....

"The girl I know is a fiercely loyal, properly intelligent woman who has brought up the best kids you could ever wish to meet by herself. I don't know those kids well but I know enough from the few times I've met them. They're wonderful. End of. You're really funny, you're cultured, you're ambitious and (if you'll excuse me) you're really pretty. So in a nutshell, you've got a lot going for you.

The reason I'm saying all this is because even though I don't know him well, I know you don't deserve to feel bad about yourself, based on just the few things I've said about you. So if he's making you feel bad about yourself, then I don't like him, and he is really, really undeserving of the love of the person I've described. So all the more reason for me to begin to conclude that he's just a bit of a *****. He's got you doubting yourself. Please don't doubt yourself.

First I cried, then I laughed.

The reason I posted this was to say that despite what your ex said about you, thinks about you now isn't relevant. You're good enough in you. It took me until yesterday to get that. We split in April!!!

Thank you everyone for your advice, I'm going to bid you all a goodbye. After 3 months I finally believe that I can do this alone.

Be strong, carry on. Because you are good enough, you are strong enough to make it through whatever life throws at you. I believe in you.

• Like 1
Yesterday it took every ounce of my being not to message him. I just wanted to see his name on my phone, I wanted to know I'd crossed his mind, even for a millisecond.

I decided my way forward was to text everyone else I could, to try and resist the urge.

I received a message from a friend, who wasn't aware we'd split. Completely coincidentally. (I don't know him well enough to text him randomly!) I explained what had happened and got this message from him .....

"The girl I know is a fiercely loyal, properly intelligent woman who has brought up the best kids you could ever wish to meet by herself. I don't know those kids well but I know enough from the few times I've met them. They're wonderful. End of. You're really funny, you're cultured, you're ambitious and (if you'll excuse me) you're really pretty. So in a nutshell, you've got a lot going for you.

The reason I'm saying all this is because even though I don't know him well, I know you don't deserve to feel bad about yourself, based on just the few things I've said about you. So if he's making you feel bad about yourself, then I don't like him, and he is really, really undeserving of the love of the person I've described. So all the more reason for me to begin to conclude that he's just a bit of a *****. He's got you doubting yourself. Please don't doubt yourself.

The reason I posted this was to say that despite what your ex said about you, thinks about you now isn't relevant. You're good enough in you. It took me until yesterday to get that. We split in April!!!

Thank you everyone for your advice, I'm going to bid you all a goodbye. After 3 months I finally believe that I can do this alone.

Be strong, carry on. Because you are good enough, you are strong enough to make it through whatever life throws at you. I believe in you.

That's wonderful. She's a precious friend. Good luck and thanks for posting that.

• Like 1
juniorrocha

It's funny how there's always something that will trigger the "move on" feelings on us. Last week my ex called me to wish me a happy birthday, and that was when I realized it was over and I needed to get myself together, after being miserable for 2 weeks (we broke up in May).

Just keep going, especially if you're the dumpee. Someone who dumped you deserves absolutely no word at all. I went dark on my ex and I'm not stalking her either, I don't care anymore. The only thing I care about right now is to pick up the pieces and move on to a new (and hopefully better) life.

• Like 1

Well good for you that you feel something clicked to make you feel better about things, long may it continue.

Good luck.