EX gf owns a money from me and told me she will deposit it

Hi guys,

Need your opinion about this. After we broke up ( 9 years relationship ended) and after doing NC for 1 and a half month, my ex texted me "how are you" and she also text me that she will deposit the money she owns from me. I ignore her text, not replying to her but when I check my bank account through online she did not deposit it, it's been 3 days since that. It's easy for her to transfer the money through online.

What's your opinion about this? Do I need to reply with her like , " ok sure" or I won't ignore her in order for her to deposit the money she owns? She already told me to transfer the money she owns from the day she texted me. So weird.

BTW, after we broke up, she is already with someone, her co worker and from the profile pic message on her BF's FB, she is very happy and also some of their mutual friends already told them that they are much more alike (their face) , so I guess they are meant to be and will likely get married, because from what i heard couple look alikes are likely to get married :)

Please do note. I have not initiated a contact (call or text ) her for almost 2 months now.

Edited by wocky
juniorrocha
so I guess they are meant to be and will likely get married, because from what i heard couple look alikes are likely to get married :)

My ex and I looked so similar that we had people asking if we are siblings and even twins. Never married. lol

I don't understand why wouldn't you reply her back to the day she sent the message, there's no harm doing that.

But anyway, you could text her with something like "hey, did you deposit the money? I just checked and it's not there".

Let her answer, get the money, go back to NC.

• Like 1

It's entirely possible that when you didn't reply with a basic courteous response, she thought "if he can't be civil, why bother making the effort??"

Anyway, send a polite message asking if/when she deposited the money because it appears to have not arrived yet.

• Like 2
  • Author

hi guys,

some development. I did reply with her, so she wants to deposit half of the money she owns first.

Then, she ask me "how are you" then my reply was , I'm doing fine, best wishes.

Then she texted me again, why sometimes I'm ignoring her and why I am being cold to her. My reply was " I respect your decision and just wish you well" . then later , she send me this Emoji in FB called pansive emoji, which from my research the meaning is in deep thought or saddened, because it is also known as sad emoji. I think shes playing my emotions.

Any advice what would my response? A response that is courteous or polite and not needy about her.

Thanks!

bubbaganoosh
hi guys,

some development. I did reply with her, so she wants to deposit half of the money she owns first.

Then, she ask me "how are you" then my reply was , I'm doing fine, best wishes.

Then she texted me again, why sometimes I'm ignoring her and why I am being cold to her. My reply was " I respect your decision and just wish you well" . then later , she send me this Emoji in FB called pansive emoji, which from my research the meaning is in deep thought or saddened, because it is also known as sad emoji. I think shes playing my emotions.

Any advice what would my response? A response that is courteous or polite and not needy about her.

Thanks!

Yeah. Ask when she going to give you the other half of the money sh owes you. I got a feeling she's trying to hold on to you as a life line in case her new relationship flops. Stick with your plan and don't worry about it.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yeah. Ask when she going to give you the other half of the money sh owes you. I got a feeling she's trying to hold on to you as a life line in case her new relationship flops. Stick with your plan and don't worry about it.

So I just ignore her? and don't reply to her sending me some sad emoji?

ExpatInItaly
So I just ignore her? and don't reply to her sending me some sad emoji?

No, why would you? There's nothing that warrants a response. An emoji means zero, takes less than one second to tap a button.

Only respond "This is to confirm I received your deposit, thank you." after she transfers the money.

PegNosePete

Well, it seems she is holding this money over your head in order to get a "friendship" out of you. Most likely to relieve her guilt about dumping you, you know the same old reasons that exes usually message "how are you" texts etc. They aren't interested in how you are. They just want to know that their actions didn't break you, so they don't have to feel guilty.

You have 2 choices I think.

1) Ignore her, don't reply... you'll probably never get the money

2) Play along as "friends" until you get the money, then go back to NC

I guess the option you choose would depend on the amount of money, balanced against the emotional harm that would be done to you by "playing friends". If it's a small amount of money, forget it. If you can play friends without getting too upset, go for it.

PEOPLE do use stuff they left at your house, money they own you or pets, as a reason to keep some kind of contact with you or have a reason to stay in touch or attached.

But its not something good if your broke up. And it stand in your way to move on completely and your new relationships.

How much money is it. If its 1000´s then ok, you can go for it.

But if its couple of 100´s or less , let her keep it so she have no power or reason to contact you anymore. And if its 1000´s and you can miss it or you see she is playing

games with it, you can also choose to let her keep it. So you can have your peace and move on from her stupidity.

Text her simple. And keep it only about the money. Tell her you ddnt receive the money and in which period of time she will be sending it.)specific'!

Then once you get the money go no contact.

• Author

Thanks guys,

you're advice's are the ones I'm gonna follow. yes, I'm gonna use NC always with her, I won't initiate contacting her and I won't remain also as a friend. Even there's a chance that I see my ex with her new BF, I will just ignore them, play it cool. :D