Is my ex regretting her decision?

Nostradamus

Hey guys i posted about two weeks ago. Me and my ex split about a month ago after three years. I had another year left of school and she graduated. We were really in love and deffinetely had something special. She told me after graduation that she wanted to be single and do some soul searching before she started working full time. Everyone told me on the forum that shes entering a new phase in her life and simply dosen't see me being apart of it. After that she left for europe for two weeks. The night she came back we talked a little and got some closure and she said she still stopd by her decision and she sounded happy on the phone. She also told me she wanted to be friends and stay in contact. I told her no. I went no contact after that. But a week later i texted her one last time getting some stuff off my chest about the breakup and told her about all the great times we had and that i wanted her to ship my house keys back to me and a couple other things. A couple days later she called me and left a voicemail. Said she was confused about what i said and wanted to talk in person. She sounded really upset. I ignored it. The next day i was on snapchat and one of her friends posted a story and my ex just so happened to be in it. They were at a bar and my ex looked miserable. She actually called me later that night but i ignored it again. Im starting to think that on her vacation she was all happy and thought she loved being single and didnt want me in her life. But now that shes back home and back to the real world is sounds like she's really missing me and hurting. Are these signs that she might want to get back with me? Should i remain no contact?

You have no idea why she seems miserable it could be any thing. Stay NC if she wants to she will contact you. For now move on. Just my advice.

Stands by her decision yet wants to be friends and stay in contact.

That's what my ex wanted. It was too painful.

You state, "We were really in and love and definitely had something special". Her actions are not the actions of someone who felt as you describe it.

Something in the dynamics of the relationship isn't being discussed or revealed.

Whatever it is that made her leave in the first place is still in play and hasn't gone anywhere.

In my opinion...you're toying with more heartache, not less.

Good luck.

Footnote...In my opinion, yes...she misses you. But there's more to the story than she described. Something's going on with her. She's just not being honest with what it is. One man's opinion. What one gets is what one sees.

Edited by whatnot
Stay NC if she wants to she will contact you.

That, plus she needs to be more brave and strong-willed. Do you want the old version of her (that left you so easily when she was confused) or new one that she has realized her place is only next to you??

She doesn't want you but wants to keep you around.

Stay dark and move on like she did.

YOU don't know why she is miserable you assume she wants YOU back.

She may be miserable because some guy she thought she could get has a new gf...

She didn't get the job she wanted...

Her Mom is sick...

She is just feeling a bit lonely...

We have been here before and it rarely ends well.

She proceeds to use the dumpee as an emotional tampon, sometimes even having sex with him and raising his hopes, some have even discussed their post split dating woes with him!!!

She then feels much better and carries on as before, let's be friends, low interest or no contact... leaving him upset and devastated AGAIN.

If she wanted to be with you, she wouldn't have broken up with you. You would still be in a relationship.

Stop contacting her "to get things off your chest" etc. She's contacting you, not because she's interested in becoming your girlfriend again, but because she doesn't want to seem mean, cold, cruel, whatever when you're upset and leave her messages to "get stuff off your chest." What should she do? Ignore you when you're upset and hurt? You're creating your own confusion.

No contact means ZERO contact! Why isn't she blocked?

Edited by angel.eyes