Would you get back with an ex who just got out of a rebound relationship?

Hi

So about 5 months ago I got out of a relationship with my ex and the way we ended was not very well.We had misunderstandings and he just stopped talking to me and that's how it just ended. After a month, I got into a new relationship- a rebound- and now, I want to break up with the rebound. But I miss my ex more than ever. I know that I hurt him by getting a rebound and I regret it so much but has anyone gotten back with their ex after they ended their rebound relationship?

Thanks!!

elaine567

He dumped you, so it is up to him whether he wants to revisit the relationship again, but remember he may not deal well with you having had another relationship in the meantime, and that could add another layer of conflict here. Of course although upset by your rebound, it may not mean he actually wants to get back with you.

If you are both on board with a reconciliation, you also need to both think carefully about why you split up in the first place and try to make changes otherwise 6 months down the line, you may be again split up over the same issues.

I've never gotten back with an ex, let alone someone who had been in a rebound.

• Like 3

Me personally, no.

It's been known to happen quite a lot to be honest. Both will have an argument for example, end it, 'move on' into another relationship for the short term, and then dump said rebound before going to one another. Sadly though I have often found from others experiences in that, that it rarely works out the second time, as the problems that originated in the first time around haven't gone.

BatManuel

I personally don't see why a rebound would be a deal breaker. Im sure you dated other people before dating your ex. Some people are going to care and it will be an issue, you'll never know unless you reach out to him and see what he's thinking.

Arieswoman

Syd2017,

Would you get back with an ex who just got out of a rebound relationship?

No.

Next.

TaraMaiden2
I've never gotten back with an ex, let alone someone who had been in a rebound.

I was about to post the same thing but basil67 got there first.

totally ^this.^

Nope. No one gets a second chance to repeat what she did. A persons past behavior is a very good indicator of their future behavior. Don't become her safety net that she can go when thinks don't work out. She will leave you as soon as she can.

• Like 1
AVeryConfusedGuy

It honestly depends. My girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me 3 months ago because she's 'confused' and 'doesn't know what she wants'. She never mentioned another guy or that she's lost feelings for me. Our breakup was 3 months ago and she has not texted me once, never reached out or even asked the typical "how are you" text. It makes me think and assume that she might be seeing someone else.

Honestly, the thought of her kissing and having sex with another dude and then wanting to come back to me makes my blood boil. I would tell her to F off and never talk to me again if that was the case. Now, if both of us rebounded and we realized we truly wanted each other, that's different.