Break Up Blindside

KindlyUnspoken23

Brief Information:

– we met/had been dating for about a month

– we went on 5 dates, once a week when our schedules allowed

– he called me his girlfriend to people on multiple occasions

– he made several future plans – “when” used frequently

– our texts were full of being deep, open, honest, flirty, kissing emojis; we were the people most would hate. He also admitted to me that “when we sleep together”, it’d be his first time

– Wednesday night we planned our date for Saturday during our weekly phone call. When we got off the phone, he texted me and said he loved talking to me *kissing emoji* and we’d talk tomorrow and to sleep well.

– At 930am on Thursday, via text, he ended it. He said he really cares about me, really likes me, loves our honesty, wants to be physical with me but knows he can’t – but he wasn’t feeling the inner connection he wanted so badly to feel and that this hurts him so much to do. He also said he meant everything he ever said & I’m wonderful, beautiful, etc.

– he is younger than me (not sure if this comes into play)

I sent him my feelings last night because he claimed to care about me and my feelings. I did mention that leading someone on and trying to make it work are two different things. You don’t solidify a date with someone and end it 9 hours later. Yesterday, I found his Twitter account and he was like a complete opposite person than the guy I knew. He was raunchy, dirty, vulgar. I was shocked. Well, he posted one about me that read: “it sucks when you make your girlfriend’s texts the bell tone & when you break up every bell on the planet makes you want to scream and fall to the ground”…I immediately took that as thinking of me brings him anger and he meant nothing and hates me. Some close girlfriends said its the opposite. And that he is hurting. I mean, when I was blindsided by that text I felt like falling to the ground because it felt like someone punched me in the gut.

This forum has always had good advice and insight before, so I’m curious on this one. I took it slow, because I didn’t want him to feel pressured but maybe he wanted it to be faster? We were planning a night at each other’s houses as of Wed afternoon…I wasn’t gonna do anything to him elsewhere. I just haven't felt this way in quite some time & hate that I have hope of him re-thinking his decision.

• Like 1

- It's just a month...

- 5 days dating, and you say that you love eachother?

- even more weird: making futur plans after 5 days dating, really?

He just had in some way a crush on you, but decided that the feeling was not that great.

Next time don't overdo stuff...

Saying 'I love you' is kinda a big thing in a relation, not something you do after just a couple of dates.

• Like 1
  • Author
KindlyUnspoken23

We did not say we love each other. I told him in my final thoughts that if he expected to be in love by now he's mistaken.

We dated for a month, talked everyday, went out 5 times. I was a little taken aback by him even calling me his girlfriend. I don't think I'm the one who overdid stuff here. That's why him ending it so suddenly took me by surprise

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

It sounds like you don't know who he really is. Now you're seeing it (ie the crass posts)

How old is he? It sounds like he got swept up in the thrill of the initial spark without actually taking time to get to know you. Not particularly mature.

• Author
KindlyUnspoken23

He's 22.

I honestly began to forget the age difference because of our conversations and how mature and full his life seemed. But, I think he doesn't know exactly what adult dating is. And the age is what ultimately happened. You don't lead someone to believe things are going to happen if he was feeling the way he was

• Like 1

He's got some unreasonable expectations & he was pushing intimacy (not sex . . .a real connection" too fast. A month is nothing & it's waaaayyyy to soon to develop the deep abiding love he thinks from movies & books happens on the 1st kiss.

• Like 1
  • Author
KindlyUnspoken23
He's got some unreasonable expectations & he was pushing intimacy (not sex . . .a real connection" too fast. A month is nothing & it's waaaayyyy to soon to develop the deep abiding love he thinks from movies & books happens on the 1st kiss.

That's the conclusion I've come up with. Friends have told me his tweet meant he was hurt. Today, out of the blue, he tweeted, "No, delusional b****es do not get to date me. My apologies to your v****a." - that is NOT the person I had been talking to and getting to know. It almost makes me question if he's even a virgin.

• Like 1
d0nnivain

I don't know if he is a virgin but you shouldn't care. He's a very angry disturbed man.

You dodged a bullet!

• Like 1