Instagram?

I have instagram & it shows suggested people I know. Usually people who have sent me emails or in my facebook.

My old ex who caused alot of pain has recently cropped up as suggested on instagram. His profile isnt private, no photos yet thank goodness. I have never blocked on instagram before but as soon as I saw him on there with a new profile, I blocked him.

To my horror, blocking on instagram means they cannot see you but you can still see them! I dont want the temptation to look.

Anyone else had this? What is the point in blocking if I can still see him?

Yes, it is very stupid. I hate Instagram for not following the same procedures as FB. To answer your question, even IF you block them, as long as their profiles are public, and you simply type their name in the search category, you will see their profile.

• Author

That is stupid. Why not the other way round?

I dont see them if i block but they see me. I dont care as my profile is private anyway. ...i dont care that he can see my profile pic only on instagram.

Great.

It's a strange setup, indeed.

In your case, might be time to stop using IG for a while, so as to not increase temptation to snoop.

I agree. It's beyond stupid and frustrating. For me, I had to delete the app off my phone because my ex's profile was public and I knew there was no way I could resist the temptation of continuously checking.

• Author
I agree. It's beyond stupid and frustrating. For me, I had to delete the app off my phone because my ex's profile was public and I knew there was no way I could resist the temptation of continuously checking.

There's nothing on my exes profile. No pictures. No followers or following. But it's new and he presumably opened an instagram account to use it.

i already keep checking to see if he's added anything.

There's nothing on my exes profile. No pictures. No followers or following. But it's new and he presumably opened an instagram account to use it.

i already keep checking to see if he's added anything.

In that case, it's not that bad. Who knows why he's activated it, but it doesn't matter. However, if he does start posting pictures then I would advise you to take the app off your phone if you can't help but check, like I did.

Oh no... Instagram... The WORST social media website. It caused me SO MUCH pain because my ex is there and I could never resist the temptation and look. It was horribly addictive. And the things I saw were so hurtful yet I continued doing that. I dont know why, it makes no sense. I saw him write comments on other girls profiles, he would be liking all the selfies and even every single picture of this bimbo (that I think he left me for). I could see everything online. And it could not stop because I would also post picures of myself having a great time (he still followed me, I unfollowed him). Then one day I decided this must end because it super sick. I deactivated my account. He stopped getting updates on my life. Then 2 weeks later he got in touch again after 5 months. Not sure if its because of that as well but I think that the real and true NO contact also involves both of you getting NO UPDATES whatsoever on your life.

Just make a promise to yourself not to look, and that if you do you'll see something you don't like and it'll set you back a thousand steps.