Ex texted me. Does this deserve a response?..,

I haven't spoken to him for 4 months he reached out once before and I ignored he has texted again today and said that he's thinking of me and hopes im well and that he won't message me again after this but just wanted to let me know that he's doing OK... Does this deserve a response guys? Or is this just breadcrumbs?

Great advice! But I'm such a wuss ?

This could be a defining moment in your life.

Take the challenge!!!!! Do it!!!!

Do it now!!!!

We must work on your sense of humor. Please do not waste my intellectual talent. This was a masterpiece and you know it

• Like 3
I would text him back.

"Who's this"

This is dumb. What year do we live in? He knows that she knows what his phone number is. They were in a relationship. Not to mention, the whole: "Who's this???" line is so cliche. It's almost right up there with, "It's not you, it's me."

• Like 1
This is dumb. What year do we live in? He knows that she knows what his phone number is. They were in a relationship. Not to mention, the whole: "Who's this???" line is so cliche. It's almost right up there with, "It's not you, it's me."

It was supposed to be funny. A joke, chill out

• Like 2
  • Author

I'm worried to respond because he probably is texting me just to see if he has me and just relieve his guilt. He's in another state far from me. I want a relationship not friends with benefits:(

• Like 1

Seriously, why do you not have him blocked? That way you'll never have to be reminded.

My first response get at least a giggle?

• Like 2
I'm worried to respond because he probably is texting me just to see if he has me and just relieve his guilt.

I'd be worried about this, too. I wouldn't respond until he clearly expresses that something has changed. Anything less is meaningless.

• Like 4
  • Author
I'd be worried about this, too. I wouldn't respond until he clearly expresses that something has changed. Anything less is meaningless.

Yes you're right!!

I haven't spoken to him for 4 months he reached out once before and I ignored he has texted again today and said that he's thinking of me and hopes im well and that he won't message me again after this but just wanted to let me know that he's doing OK... Does this deserve a response guys? Or is this just breadcrumbs?

As much as I enjoyed Marc878's sarcastic "Snidley Whiplash"-esque advice, no, it doesn't deserve a response. It's straight up bread crumbs. His thing fell through or he's feeling sorry for himself and needs you to help him feel better about dumping you. He's trying to put the hook back in your cheek.

More to the point, why isn't he on block already?

• Like 1
  • Author
As much as I enjoyed Marc878's sarcastic "Snidley Whiplash"-esque advice, no, it doesn't deserve a response. It's straight up bread crumbs. His thing fell through or he's feeling sorry for himself and needs you to help him feel better about dumping you. He's trying to put the hook back in your cheek.

More to the point, why isn't he on block already?

Thank you for your response! I won't respond, it's either relationship or ignoring. I'm such a wuss to block ?

• Author

Problem is i still have feelings for him. I also don't understand why hes telling me that he just wants me to know that he's doing OK. And before this text he also Texted me telling me that he just wants me to know that he's doing real well..... Why is he telling me that he's doing good? I never asked!!!!

Problem is i still have feelings for him. I also don't understand why hes telling me that he just wants me to know that he's doing OK. And before this text he also Texted me telling me that he just wants me to know that he's doing real well..... Why is he telling me that he's doing good? I never asked!!!!

He probably wants to know that you care if he's doing well. Agree with the others - NC. He needs to deal with the consequences of his decision.

• Like 1
he won't message me again after this but just wanted to let me know that he's doing OK...

Haha... if someone is doing ok, they don't need to send a message saying they are ok. He is clearly not ok, that is why he is messaging you. Sounds like he is insecure for some reason and has overcompensated with this silly comment.

He has also stated this will be his last message LOL, possibly to get a response from you to pacify his insecurities.

Not sure what his motivations are but its sounds like his ego is dented (even though it sounds like he was the dumper).

If you keep strong and stay NC, he might come crawling back. Male dumpers have been known to do that purely out of ego. Not saying you should take him back should it happen.

At this stage he has given you nothing worth responding to.

Edited by marky00
  • Like 2

Manipulation.

If he wanted to get back with you, he'd be at your front door talking to you. He knows this, but isn't doing it. He's trying to see if he can get back in your bed.

If you dont' want to be manipulated, block him.

He has also stated this will be his last message LOL, possibly to get a response from you to pacify his insecurities.

"Yeah... this is my last message to you. I'm going now. Yep. Out the door. I'm doing great, though. Really great. Ok. I'm going. Ok. Bye... See you later... call you sometime? Yeah, ok... bye.." Reminds me of the smarmy character John in the British series "Last Tango in Halifax".

Edited by kendahke
  • Like 1
  • Author
Haha... if someone is doing ok, they don't need to send a message saying they are ok. He is clearly not ok, that is why he is messaging you. Sounds like he is insecure for some reason and has overcompensated with this silly comment.

Not sure what his motivations are but its sounds like his ego is dented (even though it sounds like he was the dumper).

If you keep strong and stay NC, he might come crawling back. Male dumpers have been known to do that purely out of ego. Not saying you should take him back should it happen.

At this stage he has given you nothing worth responding to.

I agree! In the past he actually told me that he has low self esteem and that he's terrified of rejection. Hes the type of person that wants to be liked by everyone. So him reaching out is because he's being selfish, all about his ego He lives in another state, theres no point in us talking. I'm not gonna be his friend with benefits.

Edited by walkingonair
  • Author
Manipulation.

If he wanted to get back with you, he'd be at your front door talking to you. He knows this, but isn't doing it. He's trying to see if he can get back in your bed.

If you dont' want to be manipulated, block him.

"Yeah... this is my last message to you. I'm going now. Yep. Out the door. I'm doing great, though. Really great. Ok. I'm going. Ok. Bye... See you later... call you sometime? Yeah, ok... bye.." Reminds me of the smarmy character John in the British series "Last Tango in Halifax".

Thank you! You're right!! It's all about him, him reaching out has nothing to do with me. He moved for no reason after we dated for a year, he abandoned me. Thinks he can have me on his time, but I'm not giving in. It sucks how they hurt us and then expect us to be OK ?

"It's not you, it's me."
Except when you think about it, that is 100% true. It isn't you. You didn't do anything wrong or bad.

It IS them.

That's just bait, to see if you'll bite. It's nice and harmless, and it threatens you with banishment if you don't respond. It's an ultimatum wrapped in sugar. If he just wanted to let you know he's doing OK, mission accomplished. Now you know. Edited by mightycpa
  • Like 1