broke up but don't want to do this on my own. can i get him back?

I had been with this guy for 3 years and 2 months. We had 2 children together. things were great for the first 8 months or so. then things started getting harder. all i ever wanted was to give him what he wanted and make him happy. but it seemed like it was never good enough. i didn't take care of the kids good enough, i didn't clean good enough. he wanted to start a business. i tried to help him, but that wasn't good enough. i was always worthless to him.

finally, i got tired of it. i called my mom who called my dad who called the cops. they got him out peacefully and kept him from taking the kids. he's gone, but i don't want him to be. i still want to be with. i want to go through the rough times with him and the good times. just not all the fighting or the being worthless.

is there any way to make him realize how much i do love him and want to be with? is there anyway to make him realize how much i try to help him and that i do want him to succeed?

It sounds like if the police were involved, and he made you feel worthless, that maybe it isn't something you should go back to. Honestly. I miss my current ex so badly and I feel so weak right now, so I decided to make a list of reasons I left - I ended up with 22 reasons. Anyone who makes you feel worthless doesn't deserve you. You're beautiful and wonderful, any guy who didn't see that in three years time probably won't see it at all. You deserve something so much better then that.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do though - everyone here is rooting for you!