How many of you had nasty break-up's?

How many of you have had a nasty break-up?

And how many of you heard back from your ex to apologize?

I thought it would be interesting to see the statistics. My very first serious girlfriend cheated on me and we had a very nasty break-up. Mostly due to her immaturity, lack of respect, insensitivity, and her cruel way with words is the reason we had a nasty break-up. After a few weeks of NC with her, I heard from her again and she was with someone else. This was her reaching out to me, she wanted to sleep with me basically. I told her no, never in a million yeas and asked her how could she even ask while she is with someone else!?

I did not hear from her for months until one day she decided to message me on Facebook. I did not reply until a year later because I heard she lost her Mother.

I believe the people who do wrong end up contacting the person. What is your take?

I think so too, especially after NC.

My one other breakup (not the one im currently going through) was a bad one. She cheated. Ended up leaving me but saying she just wanted to be friends and **** so I'd get the occasional booty call from her. Then one day my dad, of all people, ask me what the hell im doing still involved with such a bitch. It was a wake up call and something snapped. I started NC that day and haven't said a word to her since. That was 4 or 5 years ago now.

After I went NC,

• Like 1

Having gone through a divorce that took over two years, any break-up I had gone through previously or have gone through since seems like a trip to circus.

That is a devastatingly nasty process. And, if you're lucky, you probably had kids with that person, which means you still have to see them and talk to them and hang out at kids functions with your ex and his or her new SO/spouse for years afterward.

• Like 1

I think so too, especially after NC.

My one other breakup (not the one im currently going through) was a bad one. She cheated. Ended up leaving me but saying she just wanted to be friends and **** so I'd get the occasional booty call from her. Then one day my dad, of all people, ask me what the hell im doing still involved with such a bitch. It was a wake up call and something snapped. I started NC that day and haven't said a word to her since. That was 4 or 5 years ago now.

After I went NC, she first got pissed I was ignoring her. Then eventually she was saying she regretted everything and wanted to work it out. I never responded. In fact, after my father said that to me, I never felt anything. If only I could not feel anything now :p

Edit: sorry for the double post, glitched

• Like 1

None of my serious LTR has ended in a nasty break-up; neither of us would allow it.

In all of my relationships, I've only had one nasty one: after a 4-month long whirlwind romance, in which - in that short time - he moved in with me, moved all of his stuff in, and *helped* me to blow through $5K in savings [hey, now...I was young...and *IN LOVE*], he decided to move in with The Next Chick, who would supply him with drugs in addition to giving him a place to stay. He decided to use MY place as a free storage locker 'til he completely sealed the [new] deal.

He only attempted to contact me once, after the break-up...to gather his things about a month later. I agreed and told him his things would be on the front porch. When he arrived, he was upset that his TV, stereo, and some favorite CDs weren't included in with his pile. I informed him, through my front door, that I was keeping them to offset the months' worth of storage fees.

Never heard from him again. My son told me that he saw him, years later, riding a kid's moto-cross-type bike around town. Guess he lost his car/ability to drive at some point. Too bad, so sad.

• Like 1

I had only one nasty break up long ago when I was young. My ex who dumped me did not apologize ( he did nothing wrong.) I took the breakup badly; the nastiness came from me. He wanted to try again after 6 months of NC from me. But by then I had moved on.

• Like 1

I have never had a nasty break up. I have had nasty fights. I have devastating break-ups but no screaming & mean spirited carrying on. I have always been able to be civil to anybody I have ever broken up with a vice versa.

• Like 1
How many of you have had a nasty break-up?

And how many of you heard back from your ex to apologize?

I thought it would be interesting to see the statistics.

I believe the people who do wrong end up contacting the person. What is your take?

Not in my case. It's ancient history now but when I was very young I had a soul-crushing breakup that involved deliberate betrayal from my BF, dumping, a hearty laugh or two, no closure or goodbye, no explanation, no apology, and never any further attempt at contact.

I'm sure sometimes there are decent ppl who feel bad about breakups (and about whatever wrongdoing they did) and apologize for it, but unfortunately there are ppl out there who are really that marginal that they can gravely injure ppl and not care.

• Like 1

My last bu was totaly calm ,I knew it was coming tho so I was prepared , we went for a drink and chatted for a while and that was it , haven't spoke since

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for your response, guys.

I appreciate it. I suppose all of us have had to go through some form of "nasty", whether it be fights, break-up's, some form of abuse etc. And I guess what matters is how we react to it.

I hope you're all well.