Exhausted...

Going through this breakup is so exhausting. It's been almost 2 months. I've been doing everything you're supposed to do when you break up with someone and have to move on, but it feels like a joke. It makes me feel better sometimes, but other times it feels like I'm lying to myself.

I go to work part time and feel like I'm pretending to be someone else. I just started and don't know anyone, so I don't really socialize much. Then I come home to my dog and the battle in my head continues. I live about 2 hrs from everyone I know, which doesn't help.

I feel like I'm going crazy. I just want it to stop and be over with. At this point, I'd rather be single the rest of my life than ever go through anything like this again. It's crazy, a lot of family members I was close to have passed away but this pain feels worse. I've never experienced anything like this for this long.

ColdandLonelyinAK

The reason the pain is worse is that, unlike a death, you know that person is still out there and chooses not to be there with you. It makes you feel powerless over the situation and desperate for answers. People grieve breakups in a lot of the same ways as a death internally.

This forum offers a lot of support. We're here for you. :)

• Like 1
FistOfTheNorthStar

My dear Jewel.

is what your title reminded me of.

Its rough being alone but we are here for you. Also, calling an old friend never hurts.

• Like 1