ever get the feeling the hurt will never end?

6 months since the split (no problem, it was for the best)

4 month since i found out she moved on, this devastated me like iv never felt over anything in my entire life.

slowly slowly iv felt like im dealing with things a little better but then this week iv gone backwards & all the pain & hurt has comeback to its most brutal.

WTF is wrong with me? am i physiologically damaged or is this normal so far in to the break?

I understand.

I am going through the same thing. Unlike yours though, she cheated on me and dumped me for the other guy. I get angry every single day to be honest but it's only been 4 days since it happened.

There are days I feel like I can really get over this and then there are days like yesterday where I am totally depressed and can't get out of bed.

There's no definite time period where I know I will feel better and I don't know when it will happen for you too but there will come a time when it will get better, I do know that.

Keep moving forward!

• Like 1

Well I am sitting here crying over someone I haven't spoken to in six months so I am wondering the same thing...

what the hell.

Thecondor1991

This is completely normal. I had a great week then all of a sudden BAM! I started missing her again. It's normal. Its what you call the High and lows. Some days you'll feel like you don't need her and that things are going great, and then the next thing you know your crying and wondering if there is a chance you'll get back together. Dont worry, it'll happen less and less.

• Like 3
foolinlove79

It must get better. The fact that i feel a bit better each day makes me believe it does. Its probably different for everyone. And 6 months isnt a huge amount of time if you really loved them in my opinion. Hang in there.

• Like 1
highfidelity

It's normal, but you have to force yourself to be strong. There will come a day when you didn't feel the pain anymore and entirely moved on with your life. Just hang in there, buddy!

• Author

It's making it so much harder that I have to see her every week for child custody collection/drop off.

If I could just go full on NC & never hear or see her ever again, that would make things so much better but it's not possible.

I'm still very bitter about things that have happened since the break as recent as 6 weeks ago which doesn't help either, it really did delay my recovery process. I really need to let go & move on like she did but I'm finding it difficult this week

FistOfTheNorthStar

It'll happen. Don't get too mad at yourself, we are all human. I am on week 3 of the breakup and my thoughts flourish with all of the good, but drown with all the negative, ESPECIALLY the pain of the end. Time is greatest healing factor. That does NOT mean quickly, but just live it day by day!

Best of wishes -F

It's been almost 2 months since our BU. The first few weeks were the hardest and I was down a lot of the time then. I was over thinking everything, wondering what I did wrong, imagining her moving on without me etc. I'm doing much better now; she still crosses my mind daily but I haven't really been sad or down. I just wonder how she's doing and remember our good times.

Time is everything.

ColdandLonelyinAK

It's really important to cry it all out. Today marks five weeks since BU and, believe me, there were days where I cried nonstop and wouldn't even get out of bed. Crying can be good for you. It reminds me of a Carrie Bradshaw (I know) quote: "Maybe you're only allotted a certain amount of tears per man, and I've used mine up." All of my tears for my ex are used up.

Now it's onto the highs and lows, when you're angry one moment and a little sad the next. The sadness will fade more and more over time.

Go NC. Best way to move on. Out of sight, out of mind.

I think it's normal what you're feeling, even after 6 months. I agree with you that you'd be better off w/out seeing her weekly as well. But, you will have the strength to push through it too.

It takes time to heal from a relationship. As it was already mentioned, some heal faster than others.

Things that have helped me move on include TELLING myself over and over again that the relationship is dead and it's my past. Focus on the things that didn't work in the relationship. Often times, we think back with rose colored glasses when in fact, the relationship was not great.

The number one thing that has ALWAYS got me over an ex is to move on to dating others. Getting attention from the opposite sex. Once I fall for the next love in my life, it drives a nail in the coffin in the last relationship.

• Like 1