Dumpee wants to write to dumper after not hearing from dumper for almost 1.5 years!

crazybestie101

Alright guys, i know you will come at me with big NO

But listen me..

I think its been long, i just miss him. I know we are never getting back together but i just want to talk to him. This is what i would write if i chose to go ahead with my thinking.

Like its been long, things have changed in my life but that hasn't stop me from missing you. I have always wanted to message you but i know it will set me back to where i was in 2013. i don't know what else to say, i miss you!

May be he doesn't want to hear from me, may be he would be friendly and reply. But after that there is nothing ( i know about it). In past i also had this feeling of reaching out to him but i always asked myself " why would i want to reach out to someone who didnt give crap about me? and clearly he doesn't? How its going to comfort me? May be it will bring me more pain? " I NEVER want friendship from him because i always want more.

Why do i feel this. I have had previous relationship before this guy, i came out fine and even seen few guys ( not dated) after this guy but this guy always is on my mind. I still crave for this guy, when i was with him i felt like it was dream. There is no one who can make me feel like he does. I know i have set myself for complete disaster. What the hell i should do even after almost 2 years. I feel like time will pass and i will never get to talk to him in this life.. Can somebody help with this?

Alright guys, i know you will come at me with big NO

But listen me..

I think its been long, i just miss him. I know we are never getting back together but i just want to talk to him. This is what i would write if i chose to go ahead with my thinking.

Like its been long, things have changed in my life but that hasn't stop me from missing you. I have always wanted to message you but i know it will set me back to where i was in 2013. i don't know what else to say, i miss you!

May be he doesn't want to hear from me, may be he would be friendly and reply. But after that there is nothing ( i know about it). In past i also had this feeling of reaching out to him but i always asked myself " why would i want to reach out to someone who didnt give crap about me? and clearly he doesn't? How its going to comfort me? May be it will bring me more pain? " I NEVER want friendship from him because i always want more.

Why do i feel this. I have had previous relationship before this guy, i came out fine and even seen few guys ( not dated) after this guy but this guy always is on my mind. I still crave for this guy, when i was with him i felt like it was dream. There is no one who can make me feel like he does. I know i have set myself for complete disaster. What the hell i should do even after almost 2 years. I feel like time will pass and i will never get to talk to him in this life.. Can somebody help with this?

Listening.. but still going to say no don't do it. Nothing good will come out of it and you know it yourself. You know he doesn't care about you (that's why he dumped you in the first place).

It's only been 1.5 years, you can't determine that there is never going to be someone that can make you feel like he does or make you feel better. There will always be someone out there that will be better but it's hard for that to happen when you're insecure (it's only been 1.5 years since and you've only dated 2 people!).. you haven't move on completely to give other guys a chance to truly show you who they really are.

You may think your story and circumstances is unique and different from others but in the end it's similar to many others out there. I really strongly recommend you not to contact him... you will be in total disappointment and hurt.

• Like 1

how about a yes!

yes its smart to trash that whole idea and get moving in a positive direction.

Pining over someone is like spitting in the wind... it comes back atcha ... and not so pleasantly.

• Like 1

I know the feeling as I am having a similar thought process at the moment. I just miss him and want to reach out. And that's basically all I can think of saying "I miss you". I'm not sure if its just because I want his company again or because I am hoping that he will have a change of heart. I know it won't achieve anything though, it's totally pointless. I don't have any advice aside from keep going, you've made it 1.5 years and you're still here. There's no point destroying that progress with a pointless message like that. You don't need him anymore.

• Like 1

I'm going to vote no on this one.

It's okay to miss him, but meeting with him is a bad idea. If you do meet up with him, you might feel like you forgot to say something, and you'll want to talk to him again. You've been going your separate ways for 1.5 years, just keep doing that.

• Like 2

What in the world do you think reaching out to him will accomplish? I'm being serious. Can you give me one concrete, positive reason to do this?

• Like 1

Do you miss HIM or not having the relationship? You're not going to get totally over your last relationship until you have your next one. If you had meet some new guy that you really dug, I guarantee you that you wouldn't be giving this guy that dumped you any thoughts at all.

No one is going to side w/you and suggest it's a good idea to contact the guy. He's going to think you're pathetic and desperate. It will only reinforce his decision to dump you in the first place.

• Like 1
Simon Phoenix
Do you miss HIM or not having the relationship? You're not going to get totally over your last relationship until you have your next one. If you had meet some new guy that you really dug, I guarantee you that you wouldn't be giving this guy that dumped you any thoughts at all.

No one is going to side w/you and suggest it's a good idea to contact the guy. He's going to think you're pathetic and desperate. It will only reinforce his decision to dump you in the first place.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is the same guy she drove 700 miles roundtrip to "drop in" on after the break. I can't see any positive in going back down that road, pun intended.

• Like 4
  • Author
crazybestie101
Listening.. but still going to say no don't do it. Nothing good will come out of it and you know it yourself. You know he doesn't care about you (that's why he dumped you in the first place).

It's only been 1.5 years, you can't determine that there is never going to be someone that can make you feel like he does or make you feel better. There will always be someone out there that will be better but it's hard for that to happen when you're insecure (it's only been 1.5 years since and you've only dated 2 people!).. you haven't move on completely to give other guys a chance to truly show you who they really are.

You may think your story and circumstances is unique and different from others but in the end it's similar to many others out there. I really strongly recommend you not to contact him... you will be in total disappointment and hurt.

Thank you for taking time and writing here. I am not insecure. Because of my BU i destroyed my grades so i wanted to work on that. So i avoided this dating scene. Honestly, i met guys , talked to them. It kept me distracted from this But i never forgot this guy. He was always on my mind even when i was talking to those guys. Someone here told me that i was never able let go this completely. I just didnt wanted to feel like what i was feeling so i buried all these and acted like i moved on and stuff. I am NOT contacting him. I just always have this crave of reaching out so i come here and listen all of you guys and i step back.

• Author
crazybestie101
how about a yes!

yes its smart to trash that whole idea and get moving in a positive direction.

Pining over someone is like spitting in the wind... it comes back atcha ... and not so pleasantly.

I don't know how can you guys be strong about this. Like don't you guys miss your ex's? I know its crazy and i am not contacting him but like i just miss him. I hope someday he would think about me.

• Author
crazybestie101
I know the feeling as I am having a similar thought process at the moment. I just miss him and want to reach out. And that's basically all I can think of saying "I miss you". I'm not sure if its just because I want his company again or because I am hoping that he will have a change of heart. I know it won't achieve anything though, it's totally pointless. I don't have any advice aside from keep going, you've made it 1.5 years and you're still here. There's no point destroying that progress with a pointless message like that. You don't need him anymore.

Hey,

I have been following your recent post and i was going to write like i feel same way as you but i just got so caught up with something that i forgot. I am here after this much time because i didn't actually move on. Someone here told me that i wasn't liking how i was feeling so i burried everything and acted like i moved on but in reality i am still there. I feel like no matter in what state i will be in my life i will always miss this guy. No matter how successful or rich i can be i am gonna miss this guy. I was his first and he just made me feel like princess, every morning i woke up next to him it was like dream. Have you heard that there can be only one person who can make you feel special, for me its him. I know someone here said that i am trying to capture a dream may be its true.

• Author
crazybestie101

I hope i meet the guy and we just click and this pain will just go away. Yeah its not great idea to reach out. But even after this many years if he thinks that i am pathetic and desperate then he is not the guy i fell for.My gut feeling says that he wont feel like that about me but regardless i am not reaching out.

I hope i meet the guy and we just click and this pain will just go away. Yeah its not great idea to reach out. But even after this many years if he thinks that i am pathetic and desperate then he is not the guy i fell for.My gut feeling says that he wont feel like that about me but regardless i am not reaching out.

You shouldn't care WHAT HE THINKS. He's not thinking about you. He's living his life and has moved on from a relationship he views as ancient history.

It's a sad state of affairs when relationships end. I've always struggled with how we can being sharing all our life with someone you love to not speaking to them again due to a break up. But, it's reality and we all have to accept it.

I post this statement on this site all the time. Why pine for someone who doesn't want you in their life? It's normal to grieve a failed relationship. It's not normal to grieve a failed relationship for months and years. Everyone goes thru all the cycles of a break up and then MOVE FORWARD with their lives and meet someone else and find happiness.

Ask yourself honestly what steps you taking each day to do this as well.