Long Term relationship going nowhere...

I have been in a 8 year relationship with my boyfriend, but he does not want to commit to marriage, he just wants to live together, and see how we live together as a couple, should I move on or try living with him. I asked him if he every plans on getting married and he honestly coudn't answer me, he is from a divorced family. He is almost 37 and I am 30. Am I wasting my time? Please help!

Do what my cousin did..he wanted her to move in and she was sick of waiting and she was with him for only 5 years....she said marry me or I won't move in.

He married her.

You are of age and don't need to wait. \he should know if he can live with you after 8 years man...

I think when a man wants to marry you he will..hes stalling..and if you let him keep it up he will. Why marry you when he can get everything it come with and not make the commitment?

Agreed. Tell him 8 years is plenty of time and that if he doesn't "come" around, you'll "go."

I was in the exact same situation 2 weeks ago. We'd been together 11 years, I wanted to get married, he wanted me to move in (but had only ever mentioned it casually). He started talking about how marriage was such a huge step and he too was from a family rife with divorce. I was prepared to compromise by staying with him on occassions, when I suggested this...he broke up with me.

My instinct is now that if someone doesn't know if they want to marry you after that length of time, they're never going to marry you. I'm sorry to say. :(