Anyone else struggle talking to new girls/boys?

I used to always be very social and outgoing, I could connect with pretty much anyone I spoke to, always found it easy to make conversation and get them to open up to me emotionally. Since my ex broke up with me, I find it so, so difficult to talk to anyone new, I get bored incredibly quickly, I pick faults in them without really getting to know them, I'm always comparing them to my ex (which is rough, my ex was incredibly attractive, like honestly ridiculously attractive), it's just so hard for me to connect with anyone new now. Really sucks because I know I need to shift my focus from my ex on to someone new but I just can't seem to manage it :( Help me, is there something wrong with me?

I used to always be very social and outgoing, I could connect with pretty much anyone I spoke to, always found it easy to make conversation and get them to open up to me emotionally. Since my ex broke up with me, I find it so, so difficult to talk to anyone new, I get bored incredibly quickly, I pick faults in them without really getting to know them, I'm always comparing them to my ex (which is rough, my ex was incredibly attractive, like honestly ridiculously attractive), it's just so hard for me to connect with anyone new now. Really sucks because I know I need to shift my focus from my ex on to someone new but I just can't seem to manage it :( Help me, is there something wrong with me?

I fell the same way.

The thought of getting comfortable with someone new and building intimacy with them seems so awkward to me. I can't imagine falling in love again, my wounds are fresh, but still I can't imagine it.

We're all in the same boat here . What you need is TIME . Time is the biggest healer . The problem is we still are emotionally attached to our exes .

This requires a while of self improvement and learning to respect ourselves again . Once we have full respect for us , that is when we will forget about past exes and look for something new .

Give yourself the time , there is no rush . Focus on yourself .