Losing the ex, and best friend

Some of you may remember my old posts about my ex who broke up with me late January. I've been feeling better and better since then, kept myself busy and stuff, I guess time does heal everything.

But I've had some thoughts today, I was thinking how me and my ex started as friends, we met each other 2 years before things started intensed and we got together. And this exclusive relationship was probably the best in my life.

And one day she could just throw away everything like that. We did lots and shared so much together. She was one of my best pals, and then gf. Suddenly we are nothing anymore, now that I think of it I'm amazed by her courage, what went through her mind I would never know. My heart doesnt hurt, but I can feel this sadness in my head knowing that we will probably never be friends again. I would love to have/keep her in my life, but I can't, I love her too much, and I will always have feelings for her.

I'm wondering if anyone share the same feeling as me?

Sad that we didn't just lose an ex, but a best friend who understand each other as well.

Yes, many of us share the same feelings.

I was in a 6 year relationship with a guy who was absolutely my best friend. It was devastating to lose him, the relationship and the friendship.

It took me nearly 2 years before I could think about being friends with him again, made more difficult by the fact that we also work together. But eventually, we got reacquainted as friends and now enjoy a healthy friendship.

Obviously, this doesn't happen in every instance but just to let you know, there is hope that she may still be in your life later on, when everything has blown over and you no longer have feelings for each other.

• Author

Thanks sabd.

Yeh that's what I heard from my friends and online, you never know what the future holds, what will happen tomorrow. Right this moment I just hope one day me and her will get back together, somehow. But if that doesn't happen, I guess I will still like to cross path with her in a few years time, sit down for a coffee and catch up. Just cause she was a very good friend to me.