Need advice for officially ending relationship with a narcissist.

I have been with this guy for 2 and a half years & we have broken up once. He always used to butter me up and then bring me down. Made me feel needy for just wanting him to be around more and get a place together. Now that we're broken up and he's trying to work things out with me again, he's telling me he wants to move in together.

He's 31, living with his parents, in serious debt, and never takes responsibility for anything. He says the only good thing going on in his life is me right now. I'm very sensitive and empathetic, but I don't want to be with him again.

I've told him "I'm done, don't ever talk to me again" especially after I found out while he was trying to get back with me, he was also trying to have sex with other girls, but he somehow finds a way to turn it around on me and make me feel guilty and that he's been trying his best. He even told me the other night that he's even given up his "back up girls" in order to be completely vulnerable to this new start with us. "I won't even try to have sex with you if you come over. That's how much I miss you right now. I just want to be near you."

I have a daughter. I want to move on from this and start fresh with someone better for the both of us. What should I say? How do I compose a letter and then block him from my life so he can't try to guilt me again? Thank you.

I have been with this guy for 2 and a half years & we have broken up once. He always used to butter me up and then bring me down. Made me feel needy for just wanting him to be around more and get a place together. Now that we're broken up and he's trying to work things out with me again, he's telling me he wants to move in together.

He's 31, living with his parents, in serious debt, and never takes responsibility for anything. He says the only good thing going on in his life is me right now. I'm very sensitive and empathetic, but I don't want to be with him again.

I've told him "I'm done, don't ever talk to me again" especially after I found out while he was trying to get back with me, he was also trying to have sex with other girls, but he somehow finds a way to turn it around on me and make me feel guilty and that he's been trying his best. He even told me the other night that he's even given up his "back up girls" in order to be completely vulnerable to this new start with us. "I won't even try to have sex with you if you come over. That's how much I miss you right now. I just want to be near you."

I have a daughter. I want to move on from this and start fresh with someone better for the both of us. What should I say? How do I compose a letter and then block him from my life so he can't try to guilt me again? Thank you.

YOU don't need to justify to him why you are ending it.

Tell him you cannot live with a cheat and block him.

End of story.

Your daughter and a narcissistic bf is a dreadful combination.

• Like 3
I've done this before, but he ended up calling me, "worried he was going to do something stupid to himself" if I didn't contact him asap...

If you are seriously worried he is going to do something stupid then call his parents and they can sort him out and get help, do not respond to this manipulation.

He is an adult, adults make choices you cannot be held responsible for any choices he chooses to make.

• Like 1

If he makes such a threat, he either doesn't really mean it and is a terribly manipulative bastard, or he does mean it and just needs help. You are under no obligation to be that help for him, so if he says that you can feel free to make sure he gets such help, or also feel free to do absolutely nothing. If he didn't really need it in the first place and was just being manipulative, well then it's his own shame that he'll have to deal with.

Just block him and know that you're leaving behind someone awful on basically every account here. Hold your head high.

If you call him a narcissist than you should know well enough that they will say and do anything to manipulate you into getting back with them again. Someone that is a narcissist isn't going to kill himself because he thinks too highly of himself, more importantly he's too selfish to forsake himself for another.

You do not need to explain anything. He doesn't care about you explanation. And if you read enough about narcissists, the only way out is to disappear.

• Like 1

If he's a narcissist, you know that he'll try and manipulate you no matter what you say to him now.

So say nothing.

You owe him nothing.

Just block and go No Contact immediately.

For your sake and most importantly, your daughter's.

Narcissists are extremely dangerous, stay well clear of him.

• Like 1
I've done this before, but he ended up calling me, "worried he was going to do something stupid to himself" if I didn't contact him asap...

Then call the police or emergency to get to his house and done. Also, block him after you're done with that.

• Like 1

You don't need a Hollywood denouement ending to end this. Just block him and move on with your life. That is really all that is required. Stop baiting the hook and throwing it to him--which is what your letter is about. If you're truly done with this, then act like it: block him and keep it moving.

BLOCK. HIM. so that he cannot call you.