how you deal with having been a rebound

I was with wonderful girl for one year, living together and having what I thought was an honest and amazing relationship. This Ended one week ago after 3 weeks when she changed COMPLETELY. We are both expats and visit home as often as possible. At home she met her ex and after that she became very argumentative with me and sometimes plain mean. You can read my story for more details. I had plans with this girl and now she is talking with her ex who lives in a different country. My question is did you ever experience this? How did you cope with it? What happened after the breakup with her and with you?

LoveIsMyReligion

Sorry to hear friend. I think you should rule out getting back together with her completely, regardless of whether things work out with her ex or not.

I haven't had this happen but a friend has. It's tough...

Not to hijack your thread but my question would be, how do you avoid women like this?

Most females (and males) who Rebound put up quite a show, they are trying to convince themselves that they are moving on, always blaming their Ex for everything.

I was with a Girl like that once, her Ex Boyfriend broke up with her (for another girl of course), she was constantly complaining about him when she was with me and giving me extremely mixed signals.

I heard all the classics from her:

- I love you, but I am not -in love- with you

- I need to be sure this time

- I want some time to think

One day, I had enough of it, I put so much effort in the relationship and was fed up with her still being hung over her Ex.

Her Ex Boyfriend was Jobless, lived in another country (she used to visit him often), his family were full of drinkers and had alcohol problems (him included), no career, also was being close to put in Jail, treated her poorly (according to her of course).

I was the exact opposite of her boyfriend (still am), I have a good career, have a steady job, family oriented, no alcohol problems in my family, never been to Jail, treated her extremely well and was their for her when she needed me the most.

Still she was not ready to commit, I pulled the plug on her, she was also fine with it (since her Ex was still in the picture), couple of months later, she texted me saying that she was sorry for treating me poorly and hasn't forgotten about the money she owes me and plans to return it. I obviously did not respond to her, since I had moved on from her and realized that this girl has nothing but problems and creates more problems and is going to drag me down in life.

She still to this day did not get back together with her Ex Boyfriend. She does not have any career and is nearing her mid 30's, her financial life is a disaster, she has Zero savings, still to this day she has not returned my money, neither did I ask for my money back, my mental well being is more important to me than opening the lines of communication with her, she did try to get a hold of me by making her friend text me (thats how coward she is), which put me off further and I lost respect for her completely.

It is clear to me that she regrets on what she did and wants to get back together. Unfortunately I can't do anything for her, she did not value what she had at the time with me and still wanted to get back with her Ex Boyfriend.

Still to this day her parents love me and think highly of me. But I have no desire to get back with her.

Edited by Holmes85