What do you actually miss about your ex

Trying to think this morning, what is it that gives me that heart ache, I went on a date with a much more beautiful and tactile girl last night and going out again Saturday but........... specifically for me

Ass

Talking

Figure

Her home was nice

familiarity

I cant really put my finger on it

I think people miss their idealized versions we have of our ex's, but when it comes to a reality check and finally realize who they really are, there's not a whole lot to miss that you couldn't find elsewhere. I think one of the benefits of breaking up is taking advantage of the growth and in time you realize there's a better fit out there.

umm... *racking my brain* .... nothing really. I guess the way he smelled. But that was the cologne he wore, not him :p

The way he smelled. Even then it was his cologne or deodorant. Having company although his moods drove me up the wall. The very occasional moments when he showed care.

Pretty short list.

It would be much more entertaining reading what people don't miss about their ex :p

Hah! Now that would be a lengthy list :laugh:!

• Like 1

Her stunningly fashionable and very expensive range of replica football tops. (mine). Consigned to a distant and flagging memory.

• Like 1

Do you guys think that what you miss and dont miss is ultimately dictated by how the break up happened?

What i miss about my ex -

her smile

her teeth and eyes

the way she would laugh

was very cute when she was angry

her maturity and the way she was with me specifically

Hah! Now that would be a lengthy list :laugh:!

Haha tell me about it! Let me get my notepad out.. This is going to take a while :laugh:

-His looks, everything about them. Even his "flaws"

-The sex, intimacy

-How understanding and loving he was and could be

-He was mature.....in some aspects

-My parents loved him

-We didn't ever have big issues

-He was loyal

-We had a good and healthy relationship

He was nice and a gentleman to a certain point.

We all miss how things were when they were good.

Of course they all have good aspects and traits or else we would've never dated them. I guess you can look back on the good things and memories but it's more important to remember why you aren't and shouldn't be together.

I'm sure in my future I'll still miss him even when I see other guys, but there's still reasons we didn't work out. :(

• Author
JonjMie, this won't help. Why don't we rather make a list of things we hated about them?! :p:laugh:

I get you, but for me its part of the healing process, I'm only 23 days in NC and BU but feeling stronger and better every day, I sometimes actually smile and remember the good stuff in between the heart ache, its a roller coaster at the moment.

LoveIsMyReligion

Longest relationship and 2 years later I miss nothing!

Nice person, cute girl, but we were very incompatible. I learned a lot from her and vice versa but we were definitely not meant to be. :)

I miss abso-effing-lutely nothing about that sorry excuse for a human being.

Nothing.

That he was equally as silly, crazy and wild as me we were great fun from fart jokes to chin hair tickling to pranks and utter weirdness.

I haven't found someone like that yet and I really want that in a partner someone to be humorous with.

Oh yea and that the relationship had total trust I never worried it was just so loyal.

I just miss hanging out with mine.I really respected her and loved our conversations. Unfortunately I can't think of one thing I don't miss about her.

Everything I miss everything about her and I think I always will, I have never in my 50 years loved anyone, felt so comfortable and compatible as I did with my wife, I cant say too much more as I am suffering depression because of it and I cry a lot, I am seeing 2 counsellors weekly and don't really feel as though I want to go on, nuff said.

• Like 1

Well, since I'm being forced to comment here (LOL) I'd have to say there are lots of little things but I don't think about it anymore. I don't truly miss him, but if I missed anything about him at all it would be the familiarity & comfortability with him...the chit chats & silliness...the friendship side of him.

Edited by me85

You know, it was this kind of question that got me to understand that love was an illusion. I loved her more than anything in the world, but when I picked it apart piece by piece,

Sex

Looks

Brains

Personality

etc.

yeah, she was nice, but I knew people that were nicer/better in each department, and some who were nicer/better in > 1 department.

This got me to thinking...what did I fall in love with? What makes her so great? Why am I in love with her? One day, she was a normal girl that I knew and the next day, she was the greatest. How did that happen overnight? What did I notice that other people don't? You think they're perfect for you, but clearly not. etc, etc, etc.

The questions were unanswerable, and the over-the-top admiration was comical. Because the heart wants what the heart wants is what it all boiled down to.

Being in love is truly an illusion, a sickness. And you know what? This "withdrawal" that you feel when you're left behind, which is even more intense and ridiculous than being in love in the first place? That's a sickness too.

Think about it. Before you broke up, unless you're some kind of codependent a**hole with no life, you could be away from your girl for a few days, no problem. Now, all of a sudden, you need her so badly, 24/7. It makes no sense.

It's all bull****. You're deceiving yourself, and brain chemicals are helping you do it.

It wasn't long after that when I began to feel a lot better.

Good Luck to you sir!

• Like 7

I miss having someone who cared about me and loved me. I miss having someone who was happy to see my face at the end of the day. I miss being wanted.

Now I don't really mean much of anything to anyone. It's a neutral place to be, but it makes me feel strangely insignificant.