Slept with my ex

My ex and I have been broken up for 2 months. This past Saturday, he and I slept together. I have been dating other people and I had done the NC thing for about a month. And now, we are able to be cordial, even friendly to one another. We are getting along and have not fought at all. I know that we are not going to get back together, especially right now. But I still like to talk to him once in a while, and it was really nice to be with him Saturday night. Am I an idiot for doing this? As long as I know nothing will come of it - and I don't really want anything to - this is okay, right?

It's perfectly normal - we all do it once in a while, it's part of the healing process. It's that sense of familiarity that makes it so nice. Just make it a one off so that both you and he know there wil not be a repeat.

Concentrate on moving your life forward and soon you will find it hard to believe you ever considered sleeping with him!

• Author

Agreed. Thanks so much. I think I just needed a reinforcement, and I am not going to tell my friends about this!

I think is ok as long as both of you have no ulterior motives or expectations. It seems like you can handle it from your post. The problem I see with sleeping with the ex is when one of the people still has in love feelings and wants to get back and use sex with the ex as way of accomplishing that. Also when sleeping with them gives you hope of going back together when to the other person it was just what it was, sex and not renklinding of the relationship. I think you sound really cool about it. Keep dating others and find a guy that you really like, that treats you real well and that satisfies you in bed, this way you will not have the ex sex crave.

• Author

I am pretty sure we are both okay with the fact that it happened. It will probably never happen again. But you are right, it was nice and comfortable for the night, much better than the awkwardness I have felt with new people. But don't get me wrong, I am moving on, I just needed to know that I am not the only one who does this/an idiot for it!

Casual sex with the ex, nice :)

I've been so horny recently and I know the ex has been too, she's been out buying lingerie at the shops which is what she would do when she wanted sex. We still chat online on a daily basis but I don't know if I would be able to sleep with my ex girlfriend, I think it would give both of us hope that what we had could be revived but I couldn't after her betrayl and lying.

• Author

I think my ex's betrayal and lying is almost the reason why the sex could basically be "no strings attached." He cheated on me and never admitted it until I found out on my own. We lived together and had a dog, and I moved out on him and got my own place. I know... How could I want to be with someone who did such a horrible thing? Well, our relationship was long and pretty good, and I have always been immensely attracted to him. The friendship we have established is starting to resurface, and I guess that is kind of a turn-on. Will it happen again? Probably not, at least not for quite a while. But it was nice, and I am still glad, even after the fact, that he and I are getting along now.

Well in this case she cheated on me and then split up with me and made up some lame excuse about not feeling the same way, I was hopeful and done the usual stuff to try and convince her otherwise. I found out two weeks later that she had cheated on me with some guy who lives 500 miles away while on holiday with her friends. I was crushed and even though we talk now it still doesn't seem right, probably because we haven't seen each other face to face in a month.

I'd love to get the friendship back, I could honestly say that she knew me the best. She could tell what I was thinking from how I was acting and the conversations were great. We could spend hours just hugging and talking. I miss the hugs more than anything else. I'd happily have had a hug once a month than sex 6 times a day.

I think that if you both know that it was no strings attached and you dont start acting like you are a couple then things will be fine, but if he starts to get like that then put him in his place straight away, it will prevent him from making a fool of himself at a later date.