! Cringing over genuine accidental call to ex!

Broke up with my ex 3 months ago. Have been devastated as we were so in love. Over the past month we've seen each other one or twice a week as we work near each other and bump into each other. I've managed to stop texting him for nearly 4 weeks now. We've been getting on fine when we see each other, I was hoping after my patheticness after the breakup he might finally be starting to respect me again. He dumped me by the way and I acted a bit phycho for a couple of weeks after, not angry just trying to contact him a lot and pleading.

Anyway, today my friend calls me and says I called her. I look at my phone and see a call to her and also to him - these were made whilst I was at the gym and my phone was in my bag! Genuine accident and no idea how, I have an iphone and their names are not near each other!

The call to him is 18 seconds long. He may have answered or if may have gone to voicemail then hung up. I've no idea! But I'm worried now that he'll think I did it on purpose to get his attention.

I've not followed it up and he hasn't either, which i think shows he either knew it was an accident or he thinks I've done it on purpose and is annoyed. Either way it's not good is it? He either doesn't care why I've called him, or thinks I'm stalking him.

It's so unfair! What is the best thing I can do to make him not think I'm a freak?

Edited by cringe

I would say just leave it, maybe when you bump into him in person next see if he says anything, if not don't worry about it unless you really want to say 'Oh by the way my phone was playing up the other day, I think it called you, sorry.'

Even that isn't necessary.

• Author

I think so too. That way after a few days he will hopefully see I didn't do it in purpose as if i had, I would have texted afterwards to try and start a conversation?

Do you think it's made me look pathetic? I've been so strong can't believe my stupid bloody phone!

I'm worried now be may start avoiding me and think I'm freaky...

I think so too. That way after a few days he will hopefully see I didn't do it in purpose as if i had, I would have texted afterwards to try and start a conversation?

Do you think it's made me look pathetic? I've been so strong can't believe my stupid bloody phone!

I'm worried now be may start avoiding me and think I'm freaky...

Don't project. If he's detached and indifferent, he's not even thinking about it. He would have probably looked at his phone, saw the missed call and wondered for a few seconds and moved on with his day.

You're up the walls because you're still emotional and affected by what he thinks of you.

If he starts avoiding you then even better. You'll have an easier time moving on without being distracted by him.

• Like 1

i think i'd have to send a quick text "oops sorry, didn't mean to call" to be VERY clear it was accidental. i wouldn't say anything else under any circumstances even if he responded, but i'd have to do that to clarify.

Michelle ma Belle

I'm with those that tell you to just forget it. What's done is done. Trying to explain things will do nothing apart from putting you in contact with him yet again which is what you've been trying to avoid for weeks now.

If your paths cross and HE mentions it then you can address it at that time otherwise chalk it up to an iPhone mishap and hope it doesn't happen again :p

Besides, he's probably not only not given it much thought but has forgotten about it already.

Edited by Michelle ma Belle

I did the same thing once lol. Sucked. Do not text it was a mistake. Let it go. Write down his number, put it somewhere and delete his contact info from your phone.

1. You should've had his number removed from your phone in the first place.

2. Eh, you're gonna look back on this in 3-4 months, and not give 2 craps.

3. Eh, you're gonna look back on your relationship with him in 3-4 months, and not give 2 craps.

4. Eh, don't sweat the small stuff. Eh.....