7 Months since the Breakup!!!!

It's been a long time since I've been on the forum! But yes it's been 7 months and I'm happier than ever.

For those who don't know my story. My ex broke up with me in the beginning of June. This was after we went on vacation to Hawaii with my wonderful friends and after I threw him an amazing surprise birthday party with his closest friends and family. I never saw it coming and our love was strong enough to work out whatever problems we had. But he broke it off with me because he said he didn't feel/love me the same way and he wanted to explore. Regardless of how in love we were with each other, I knew it was time for me to move on. The first few weeks was the hardest.

3 months later he came back. Saying he wanted me back, wanted to work things out. That time I started a new relationship with someone else....and I know it was too fast but I was ready to start again. I was scared to start a new relationship but I just wanted to give it a chance and I did. So my ex came back, wanted me to take him back, a few weeks later wanted to try on working on being friends, a week after that he said his intention was to take me away from my current ex. Which I thought was a bit childish. So we ended things there.

A few months later contacted twice before Christmas asking money for the Hawaii plane tickets. When we went on vacation, the tickets were a present for my birthday. But because he was jobless, he desperately needed money. So being the nice person I was, I helped him out and paid him some of it. I told him I'd pay him the rest later. My current BF was not happy.

Just a few days ago he contacted me again....demanding the rest of the money i owed him. I only owed him $100+ and he said he even thinking of taking me to court for that money. I already planned on paying him back sometime this month but he obviously couldn't wait and seemed very desperate. I'm not sure if you guys have heard of the app called "VENMO", which is almost like paypal. You can send money to anyone you "TRUST" on that app. So Venmo was how I sent him the payment last time. Without my permission he charged me $190 on Venmo, the money came out of my account the next day. I was angry that he did that without my permission. But I let it go, I told him this was the last straw and I told him not to ever talk to me again. It sucked saying that to him but I really do wish him and his family the best.

That was it, it's hard to believe how things like this can happen to someone like me. I gave him everything, I supported him through everything he wanted to do in life, I loved him regardless of all this flaws. All I ever wanted was his love, support and his dedication to our relationship. Sometimes, it just isn't meant to be. I am still with my current boyfriend now and happier than ever. We've travelled together over the holidays and I've met his family, and he has met mine as well. We're both happy and just enjoying the time we spend together, getting to know each other more and loving each other more each day. Don't give up hope when something like this happens. There's something better out there :)

• Like 5

Sometimes those with Golden hearts are rewarded with happiness...

Great story. Not only do you seem happy, you get to be happy knowing that you were/are the bigger person.

Congrats!

• Like 2

Wow I am very happy for you!!! You overcame your ex after he left to explore, and didn't realize what a catch he had. Now you are in another relationship and I hope both of you are happy together.

I know the feeling my current gf well now ex, had her ex do the same thing and he left her. All the love they shared he threw it away, and two months when I come in the picture he wants back. But she says no, and I did a lot like you and took care of her and spoiled her. We both had a beatiful relationship and were perfect but soon after nine months she was contacted by him and she doubted her feelings for me. It's obvious she left me for him, and yes it's sad but it shows you how much I really meant to her.

So congrats for giving the new guy a shot, I know it's hard when you love someone with all your heart, to just get let go. But it takes a lot to move on from the ex. So I wish you and your new relationship the best of luck!!!

• Like 1

I'm sorry your ex is so childish but it's probably because he's jealous of your happiness with another man. But he only has himself to blame for that. You have held up beautifully and shine bright like a diamond! All the best to you OP! Very happy for you and your boyfriend. What a blessing for you both!! I really hope your ex doesn't bother you anymore. Seems like he tries to find reasons to contact you just for the sake of contacting you and remaining in your life, in some small way. Sad, really.

• Like 3
  • Author

Thank you so much for the kind words everyone! It's definitely been a rough start in the beginning of my new relationship with my BF now. Im thankful and blessed that we got through it :)

I'm ready to just move forward and let go of the past.

• Like 1