Starting no contact for 3rd time?

Hi all

So my ex broke up with me just over 2 months ago. The first no contact lasted a week before she got back in touch about some personal stuff which was completely necessary. The second time I went nc it lasted 12 days before she turned up at my house saying she wanted me back, however she was still with her new boyfreind. We went for a walk together and talked about stuff and how she was going to break up with him that night. Anyway when she went to meet him she sent me a text saying she couldn't bring herself to leave him that night and would do it another night. She ended up staying over at his. I replied saying either she does it that night or not at all, and obviously it ended up being not at all.

That was all about 2 weeks ago. I have met up with her since and we have ended up in bed together cuddling and her saying stuff like "I never want to let you go". I played it cool as I thought her actions were suggesting it was only a matter of time before we got back together. However this hasn't happened and I now feel like I'm being strung along, even though she denies this is the case.

I am just wondering if the right way from here is nc again. I do still want her back but I'm not happy how she thinks she can still have me around while she is with her boyfriend. Is nc the right way to go this time or do I carry on meeting up with her? She often criticises her bf and says how much better I am in various ways. Any advice would be appreciated.

Simon Phoenix
Hi all

So my ex broke up with me just over 2 months ago. The first no contact lasted a week before she got back in touch about some personal stuff which was completely necessary. The second time I went nc it lasted 12 days before she turned up at my house saying she wanted me back, however she was still with her new boyfreind. We went for a walk together and talked about stuff and how she was going to break up with him that night. Anyway when she went to meet him she sent me a text saying she couldn't bring herself to leave him that night and would do it another night. She ended up staying over at his. I replied saying either she does it that night or not at all, and obviously it ended up being not at all.

That was all about 2 weeks ago. I have met up with her since and we have ended up in bed together cuddling and her saying stuff like "I never want to let you go". I played it cool as I thought her actions were suggesting it was only a matter of time before we got back together. However this hasn't happened and I now feel like I'm being strung along, even though she denies this is the case.

I am just wondering if the right way from here is nc again. I do still want her back but I'm not happy how she thinks she can still have me around while she is with her boyfriend. Is nc the right way to go this time or do I carry on meeting up with her? She often criticises her bf and says how much better I am in various ways. Any advice would be appreciated.

Yeah, you need to stop talking to her. She's having her cake and eating it too, and you are letting her. So stop letting her. She's with another guy now, so back off and stay backed off. And even if she did break up with him, I'd continue to stay away from her. All you would be doing if you got back with her right now is trying to fix a broken levee with a band-aid. The reasons why the relationship died haven't changed and neither one of you have changed. It'd be a fool's errand to get back with her at this point.

Get a bright colored post it note and write "doormat" on it then stick it on your head. This is how your ex girlfriend sees you. If you don't respect yourself, neither will she.

Walk away and NC. Do not respond to her unless the other guy is out of the picture. She knows she has you wrapped round her little finger, you need to prove to her that this is not the case.

If she doesn't know what it is like to lose you then she will never appreciate you.

• Like 2

Tell her to get back to you if/when the other dude is gone. Staying in this crap is pretty much disrespecting yourself. Be better than that.

• Like 1