being friends with an ex

So, I was with a guy for 3 years. After we broke up we didn't talk for a year. He moved a few months ago and we saw each other before he left. We have been txting ever since. We hung out for an afternoon when he was in town recently. I found out that he was in town this past weekend and he did not come see me. It made me feel pretty bad. It is obviously effecting me in a negative way. I guess I was happy that we were finally becoming friends and I don't know if that is true anymore :( I want to talk to him about this but I don't know what to say.

evanescentworld

Do you wish you were still going out with him?

Are you still "holding a torch" for him, at all...? :)

• Author

i'll always have a place for him in my heart but too much has happened for that to happen again. Maybe I still have feelings for him that I'm denying.

• Author

he got a new girlfriend almost immediately after we broke up and it broke my heart. She dumped him right before he moved and blocked his number. A part of me thinks that he is talking to me again for an ego boost,

If you don't want to be upset by him again, you should go for strict no contact.

That means no contact directly, indirectly, or by social media.

You have a responsibility to yourself to prevent further upset.

towardthefuture
he got a new girlfriend almost immediately after we broke up and it broke my heart. She dumped him right before he moved and blocked his number. A part of me thinks that he is talking to me again for an ego boost,

He probably is. You'd have a better chance at reconciling with him (if that's what you want) if you told him his timing is bad, you're too busy for new friends right now because you're getting your life together (or whatever), and if he still wants to be friends (whether to actually be friends or try again) in a few months (when his emotions over getting dumped are cooled down) he should contact you. You could never trust him to not leave again, friend or otherwise, with this timing. As soon as he's done feeling hurt, you won't be hearing from him again -- it's about him, not you.

imo

Also I wouldn't be friends with an ex. That sounds masochistic to me. It's like facebook stalking times x100000000

• Like 1
evanescentworld
how do I get him to stop txting me?

Change your number.

It actually really isn't difficult.

It's only made impossible by those who resist doing it, but honestly? If you want to stop the pain, then you have to do it.

• Like 1