Don't want to see him, but he needs to get his couch!

My ex and I have had NC since November. We were together for almost 7 years and he left me in a text saying he needed time and space to think. BLAH, blah, blah...I'm hurt, but now I just want him to get his stuff out. I'd like to be mature about this, but I genuinely have no desire to speak to or see him. It seems lame, but I'm thinking of asking his brother to come get his things. Maybe it's weak, but I think I have every right to do this on my terms! So I'm not really asking a question. I'm just looking for the flaws in my logic. Amy comments?

evanescentworld

Ask his brother to come and get his things.

Go further:

"Dear <brother>,

I still have a number of items and several of *Ex's* belongings here.

I would very much appreciate it, if you could arrange to come and collect them on his behalf.

There is:

Item

Item

Item...."

and whatever else needs specific hauling - the couch will need a pick-up/van/truck....

"I would very much like all of this stuff to be collected by <date/date/year> so please contact me to arrange a mutually convenient time.

If *Ex's* things are not all collected by then, I will arrange for them to be disposed of.

I hope we can avoid that.

If *ex* would like his property dealt with in a different manner, please ask him to make different arrangements, accordingly, and perhaps YOU could communicate these terms to me.

Many thanks, as ever, <your name>"

Be reasonable, with your time-frame. But be firm in your resolve.

• Like 1
Marco Valerio

Maybe it would be easier for you to ask a friend of yours to make you the favor, if not possible ask his brother.

It is right not wanting to see him, perfectly understandable.