The good part of getting dumped.

After 2 weeks of being dumped with no contact(apart from her wanting to meet to give me back some of my things), I'm managing to sometimes side step my grief and look at things a bit more cynically.

It's been horrible being dumped. The grief is the same a bereavement in many ways, which I've also been going through.

However I was laying awake last night thinking, I'm on the verge of getting my own business together, its a dream I've had for a long time. It's going to be hard work. What if I had to go through a break up just as my business was getting itself established? What if we had a baby, and she got angry and left with my child? Or kicked me out of our home as has happened here?

What if we were married, and she took half of my savings?

It's all too easy to get lost in the moment of heartache, and not look at the long term. She actually might have done me the biggest favour.

I know breakups are tough, but as we didn't have kids and a joint business or mortgage, I've actually been one of the lucky ones. Better to find out what she can be like now, then years down the line.

There are many posters talking about relationships of a few months or years, where their partner has walked. If there were no long term ties established, I say its better to find out now, then later.

And remember if he/she loved you, they would not have let you go. Keep your head up, there are greener pastures ahead.

Thanks for reading my thoughts.

• Like 2

Exactly as I always say: there is merit in people who walk away. At least it's clear / clean. Clear stop. Clear end.

None of my ex - very few of my ex - ever walked away without wanting to go back.

• Like 1