Anniversary of breakup

So it's been a year since the breakup and I think I have made so much progress. After the breakup i was suicidal, anxious, stressed and did nothing but sleep and cry. This went on a lot longer than i feel is normal.

I am no longer on anti depressants and my diet and weight is back to normal after loss of appetite. I have improved myself, made some new friends, got an amazing promotion and am going back to finish my degree. Everything has fallen into place and I am all set.

I still get very upset at times but the memories have faded ever so slightly so it is not quite as painful. I did have a dream about him last night which was upsetting. I still am in love with him and i am not sure if that will ever change.

So thats my first heartbreak. I've had a couple more since then and shook them off quite easily, perhaps cause I'm not over my first love, or maybe it has made me stronger. I believe its the former though.

I'm probably on a high at the moment and i am expecting that I will get some more lows again, but at least there are UPS and downs for me these days. Not much point to this thread aside from needing to talk to someone and to others going through the same, it sux and takes a long time but it does get better. I never believed that it would.

I managed to avoid contacting him for the past 6 months but the temptation still arises. I feel very lonely much of the time, just because I miss him in particular rather than needing someone or having a void.

• Author

Not too sure. Why?

All I can say is that he never loved me, whether real or fake. He never had those feelings.