LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Ex Searching For Me On Facebook.


Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree7Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2014, 2:10 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 21
Red face Ex Searching For Me On Facebook.

okay its been about a month now since me and my ex broke up. i caught him cheating and i kicked him out of the apartment. the girl that he cheated on with me is now his girlfriend they got together literally that day after i found out ( a little back story - my ex met this girl at work had been talking to her for a few days and after a week of knowing her i walked into my apartment and i walked in on my ex and her on the couch. they looked like they had been kissing) his mom still keeps in contact with me and was telling me that my ex and his new girlfriend are looking for an apartment together to move out from her apartment. also to add my ex's new girlfriend has a 6 year old daughter. so they are moving out to make a new home for themselves after a month of dating. ** weird to me, but i guess not my problem**

I know my ex's Facebook password and idk what came over me but i logged in and i went to his activity log and it showed that this past month he had been searching for me on Facebook. i blocked him on my end so he could never see my profile.

i don't know what to think of this. i was kinda of happy because to me i thought why is my ex looking for me when he's with his "new" girlfriend and they are about to move out together. he has pretty much been acting like they are in love and he is happy, and like i pretty much never happened for 3 year. like we never dated. so when i saw that he had been looking for my page on Facebook i didn't know what to think, like is he having second thoughts. but i have reached out to him in the beginning of the break up and he pretty much ignored me or pushed me away.

then i started to think was it his new girl on Facebook looking for me on his account.

idk what to think about this. i don't want to reach out to him because i feel like if he wants to talk to me and if he wants to be with me he will make the initial contact. but then at the same time idk what to do because he still working on moving out with this girl.

any thoughts?
tampa1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 2:14 PM   #2
Established Member
 
Satu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: LV-426
Posts: 9,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa1213 View Post
okay its been about a month now since me and my ex broke up. i caught him cheating and i kicked him out of the apartment. the girl that he cheated on with me is now his girlfriend they got together literally that day after i found out ( a little back story - my ex met this girl at work had been talking to her for a few days and after a week of knowing her i walked into my apartment and i walked in on my ex and her on the couch. they looked like they had been kissing) his mom still keeps in contact with me and was telling me that my ex and his new girlfriend are looking for an apartment together to move out from her apartment. also to add my ex's new girlfriend has a 6 year old daughter. so they are moving out to make a new home for themselves after a month of dating. ** weird to me, but i guess not my problem**

I know my ex's Facebook password and idk what came over me but i logged in and i went to his activity log and it showed that this past month he had been searching for me on Facebook. i blocked him on my end so he could never see my profile.

i don't know what to think of this. i was kinda of happy because to me i thought why is my ex looking for me when he's with his "new" girlfriend and they are about to move out together. he has pretty much been acting like they are in love and he is happy, and like i pretty much never happened for 3 year. like we never dated. so when i saw that he had been looking for my page on Facebook i didn't know what to think, like is he having second thoughts. but i have reached out to him in the beginning of the break up and he pretty much ignored me or pushed me away.

then i started to think was it his new girl on Facebook looking for me on his account.

idk what to think about this. i don't want to reach out to him because i feel like if he wants to talk to me and if he wants to be with me he will make the initial contact. but then at the same time idk what to do because he still working on moving out with this girl.

any thoughts?
What you should be thinking about this is that it's unhealthy and unhelpful to be monitoring his Facebook activity.

Are you going to tap his phone next?

Last edited by Satu; 31st December 2014 at 2:16 PM..
Satu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 2:20 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satu View Post
What you should be thinking about this is that it's unhealthy and unhelpful to be monitoring his Facebook activity.

Are you going to tap his phone next?
this whole month i have stayed away from social media in general. we both knew each others Facebook password, just like we knew each others email password etc. so if you want to pass judgement because of curiosity. then you can pass your judgement somewhere else.

i'm not sure if tapping your phone is what your ex did so you want to take it out on me. but all i wanted to know is what should i think about what i saw.
tampa1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 2:31 PM   #4
Established Member
 
SoThatHappened's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,100
Easy there, tampa.

Satu is 100% right! What you're doing is the complete opposite of what you need to do.

You need to act like this guy died, as did everything else that goes along with him.

They barely know each other, he's probably just in it for sex, and he will have to play "daddy" now. That's not an easy task.

Their whole "relationship" is a recipe for disaster.

BUT, that shouldn't matter to you. He's a cheater, and you need to separate yourself from him completely.
__________________
Not everyone you lose is a loss. Unless it's me... then you f***ed up.
SoThatHappened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 2:42 PM   #5
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 320
Logging onto his FB isn't the right thing to do and it's a little bit stalkerish. Activity like this will only prolong the misery. Agree with above poster, you should act as if he's dead.
seminoles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 3:21 PM   #6
Established Member
 
FancyFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: On the corner of Bombdiggidy and Awesome
Posts: 187
I know how hard it is to wrap your head around the fact that it's over with your ex, that he threw it all away for some piece of ass, that your vision for the future has become distorted and uncertain. All that said you need to stop stalking him. It doesn't matter that he searched for you, it means nothing. What matters is he cheated on you and is with someone else. Stop stalking, it will only hurt you and make the healing process slower, longer and painful. Cut contact and move on.
FancyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 3:26 PM   #7
Established Member
 
Satu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: LV-426
Posts: 9,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa1213 View Post
this whole month i have stayed away from social media in general. we both knew each others Facebook password, just like we knew each others email password etc. so if you want to pass judgement because of curiosity. then you can pass your judgement somewhere else.

i'm not sure if tapping your phone is what your ex did so you want to take it out on me. but all i wanted to know is what should i think about what i saw.
Whether you like it or not, people have a right to privacy.

You violated another persons rights.

That doesn't seem to bother you, but it should.

"Cyberstalkers can be either strangers or people you know (sometimes ex-partners), and there are many different motives. The more determined or obsessive stalkers become, the more likely they are to move from one online channel to another until your online presence is fully intruded upon. They commonly obtain their information about you via your online details of personal and financial affairs, relationships, social and work life and your location.
In November 2012, stalking became a named offence in England and Wales for the first time."

Last edited by Satu; 31st December 2014 at 3:32 PM..
Satu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 3:33 PM   #8
Established Member
 
me85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: far far away...
Posts: 2,088
Sorry that happened to you. )=

Don't log into his account anymore. One reason because that's just never a good idea, another because he can see "his" log in activity if he thinks about it and knows where to look for it on FB.
__________________
Sometimes I wish I had love but I mostly just pray for the strength to live without it. (me)
"Never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm." Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac 'Storms'
me85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 3:57 PM   #9
Established Member
 
ConfusedHumanBeing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa1213 View Post
this whole month i have stayed away from social media inyour general. we both knew each others Facebook password, just like we knew each others email password etc. so if you want to pass judgement...then you can pass your judgement somewhere else.

i'm not sure if tapping your phone is what your ex did so you want to take it out on me. but all i wanted to know is what should i think about what i saw.
We can judge all we want. Its open forums.

You technically broke the law, so yeah you should think more about that than your ex.

Who really cares if they look you up at all? One of my first ex's I use to search for all the time, but I broke up with her and didnt want ANY part of being with her. Just being nosey. If they wanted to be with you, they would. Other than that, means nothing.
ConfusedHumanBeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 4:13 PM   #10
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa1213 View Post
i don't know what to think of this. i was kinda of happy because to me i thought why is my ex looking for me when he's with his "new" girlfriend and they are about to move out together.
Enjoy the attention in whatever way it makes you feel but there is no need to get excited over a cheater that can't keep his attention on just one woman. The attention isn't positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa1213 View Post
but i have reached out to him in the beginning of the break up and he pretty much ignored me or pushed me away.
So he cheated on you and then even ignored you. You need to believe you deserve better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa1213 View Post
i don't want to reach out to him because i feel like if he wants to talk to me and if he wants to be with me he will make the initial contact. but then at the same time idk what to do because he still working on moving out with this girl.
Again, aim higher. You deserve much better.
Zahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 4:49 PM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa1213 View Post
okay its been about a month now since me and my ex broke up. i caught him cheating and i kicked him out of the apartment. the girl that he cheated on with me is now his girlfriend they got together literally that day after i found out ( a little back story - my ex met this girl at work had been talking to her for a few days and after a week of knowing her i walked into my apartment and i walked in on my ex and her on the couch. they looked like they had been kissing) his mom still keeps in contact with me and was telling me that my ex and his new girlfriend are looking for an apartment together to move out from her apartment. also to add my ex's new girlfriend has a 6 year old daughter. so they are moving out to make a new home for themselves after a month of dating. ** weird to me, but i guess not my problem**

I know my ex's Facebook password and idk what came over me but i logged in and i went to his activity log and it showed that this past month he had been searching for me on Facebook. i blocked him on my end so he could never see my profile.

i don't know what to think of this. i was kinda of happy because to me i thought why is my ex looking for me when he's with his "new" girlfriend and they are about to move out together. he has pretty much been acting like they are in love and he is happy, and like i pretty much never happened for 3 year. like we never dated. so when i saw that he had been looking for my page on Facebook i didn't know what to think, like is he having second thoughts. but i have reached out to him in the beginning of the break up and he pretty much ignored me or pushed me away.

then i started to think was it his new girl on Facebook looking for me on his account.

idk what to think about this. i don't want to reach out to him because i feel like if he wants to talk to me and if he wants to be with me he will make the initial contact. but then at the same time idk what to do because he still working on moving out with this girl.

any thoughts?
I guess my first thought is why you would even consider taking back a man who dated you for 3 years and then started cheating with someone he knew a short time. Is this the first time he's cheated (that you know about?)?

Does his penis vibrate at 3500 rpms? Help me to understand the appeal of this guy.
__________________
And remember, the light at the end of the tunnel just may be you!
hoping2heal is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
searching for...? OneMess In Search Of... 3 3rd May 2014 8:41 PM
Bf searching for his ex's facebook hopefulinlove Dating 32 13th July 2013 3:37 PM
Facebook, Facebook, Facebook. (New Members Start Here.) YellowShark Coping 8 11th November 2010 8:18 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 8:57 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.