Feeling down thinking of last year's mistakes... :(

So last year around this time my ex broke up with me. I was just remembering how she wanted to spend thanksgiving and new years with me but I told her I wanted to spend it with family. I feel like I shouldve spent those holidays with her since it meant a lot to her but those holidays are also very big with my family. Naturally I invited her to spend it with me and my family but she didnt want to. I think it was one of the unspoken reasons she broke up with me.

Just feeling kind of down today thinking about this. Wanted to express it instead of holding it inside.

A year later and I can still feel like this at times :(

I want to reach out and apologize for not spending them with her last year but I know this is not a good idea. Especially considering I blocked her on fb and ignored her text I know I just have to muscle through this feeling and move forward. Its just hard to do since it feels like she reached out on my birthday to text me, even though she was blocked.

Let the past be the past.

What was sweet was sweet, and what was sour was sour.

Just ride out the feelings, and get on with your life as it is now.

• Like 1
  • Author
Let the past be the past.

What was sweet was sweet, and what was sour was sour.

Just ride out the feelings, and get on with your life as it is now.

Thank you friend, I am trying. I just cried for the first time in several months over her. She made her deal of mistakes as well. Its just hard to admit that I made that mistake and it could have been what factored into pushing the limit for the break up. I guess I will never know and have to come to peace with that.

I do know that I would not have developed as much as I did if we had not broken up, so I am grateful to my progress.

Well...heres to surviving the ride of these feelings.

• Like 1