Dealing with a break in my first relationship

xXMarlboro_ManXx

xXMarlboro_ManXx

We went through our first break but we ended up texting a bit cause of the holidays (she initiated). After the texting for a few days we had a long phone call about everything but she still needs some time to figure what she wants to do.

I think we both care about each other but she is worried that our personalities are too different, I am more laid back and she analyzes everything. It has lead to a few fights but nothing really bad. I kind of want to just say if you need so much time to think about it lets just end it but that seems childish, it has only been a few days of NC so I am in no rush to do that. I view getting back together as trial to figure it out, not some long term contract. I guess I just don't know what the big deal is it is either you want to figure it out or you don't but maybe that is just the way I am wired.

===

We were together for a little over 3 months, we are in our mid 20's both in our first relationship. I think things would be easier if we had something to compare it to but we don't.

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation - my partner has gone away, and after a few arguments, needs space. I think the thing to do here is hold off on messaging until you actually see her and talk to her face to face. If you want to be with her, talk to her and tell her so that she knows you mean it. If she chooses to walk away, it will be tough but you have no choice but to start living your own life.