ever dated your best friend?

I'm curious how many of you dated your best friend, you couldve been best friends before dating, or during. I know for me when I first met my ex i felt a sensation I've never felt with anybody before not just a girl, but as far as a person goes. We clicked immediately, as the relationship progressed I found out that we were so similar it was scary.. everything from sense of humor, taste in food, movies, music. We were both artists, on every level. She was the only person I've ever really cared about, and wanted to talk to everyday. I guess it's kind of typical to feel that way towtowards your significant other, but we were on a whole new level of connection that I had never experienced. Anyway since the breakup nothing feels the same. I'm not as into my friends as I once was. Every girl i talk to bores me. And I long everyday to laugh, and to share with my ex. I know everyone says "you will move on.. theres plenty of other fish in the sea.. etc." But idk deep down inside i doubt i will connect with someone like that again. Anyone else had this experience before?

• Like 1
todreaminblue

yes i have dated my best male friend and the relationship lasted a very long time..he was polar opposite to me......he liked physical....i liked intellectual.....he is a minimalist.....i love coziness....we agreed on matters of the heart though....generosity ...compassion.....kids..we have similar traits and polar opposites....we are friends again and we are not together...

a partner should be the person you can turn to to tell anything to....and before your other friends.......i feel your partner should be the closest person to you on earth.......deb

• Like 1
I thought that was a joke until I clicked on that link.. and now I kind of think your right

It was half in jest...

We see what we see, because of who we are.

Also, we become what we see.

If you understand those two statements, life gets interesting.

• Like 1
  • Author

I hear you, and those do make sense to me.. however I do connect with what all of that says, and i am an artist. I've always thought that most artists are that way though.

• Like 1
todreaminblue
It was half in jest...

If you understand those two statements, life gets interesting.

i often see hidden beauty and often beauty in what others find ugly.....

so that thing you just said....made me think about if i am not a hidden beauty..or maybe surface ugly..maybe i just am...... both....

i love what you wrote is it yours.... from you alone...........deb

• Like 1
i often see hidden beauty and often beauty in what others find ugly.....

so that thing you just said....made me think about *if i am not a hidden beauty..or maybe surface ugly..maybe i just am...... both....

i love what you wrote is it yours.... from you alone...........deb

They are realisations I personally had, but I'd be surprised if nobody else realised them.

*That depends on who is looking, why they are looking, and what they are looking for.

todreaminblue
They are realisations I personally had, but I'd be surprised if nobody else realised them.

*That depends on who is looking, why they are looking, and what they are looking for.

your words are thoughtful...beautiful.....a joy to read and digest...thank you.....deb

• Like 1
your words are thoughtful...beautiful.....a joy to read and digest...thank you.....deb

Thank you deb - you are very gracious, Satu.

• Like 1

Yep, best friends for close to 15 years before we decided to take the leap. I won't go into details, but it didn't work and we don't talk to this day. It's ok we're not together... I can look back and enjoy the experience we had. Sure, I miss her, but not enough to reach out and rekindle anything. What's past is past. I'm more excited about my future and my goals than I am about focusing on her.

My biggest take-away... you think you know someone, but you really don't. Even those who are married for years... it's the grand illusion. I'm certain on some level we both still love one another, but to believe that you really, truly know someones most intimate thoughts is just not how it works.

• Like 1
PersonaPersona

I've been in a relationship with my best friend before and you'd think that someone who you're good friends with and know everything about, would be a good match for you. The thing is, when you're in a relationship, things begin to change and the dynamic is different, since you're not in the friendship zone anymore.

What I'm trying to say is that we don't talk anymore, it's kind of awkward actually. Take into account if the friendship is worth it.