Ex GF broke up, then texted "I miss you."

Pretty simple situation but I'm left with confusion. My gf of 2 years (I'm 29 she's 30) and I have been having some problems the last few months. She broke up with me the day after thanksgiving because I didn't check in with her when out with my best friend and his wife. She lives about 45 minutes away and I invited her out but she declined, saying she was going to her brothers house to watch a movie. I then said I'd come to her place but she also declined. She then responds with "Have fun and be safe." Well I didn't bother contacting her for a few hours later when I was going home and she was livid. The next day she was furious and hung up on me. There has been a trend that whenever we fight, she runs back home and ignores me. It's exhausting dealing with someone who runs, especially considering our age so I sent her a long email telling her how it makes me feel. She never responded. We had intermittent text msgs since then and I told her this last Saturday I was at a friends bday party (that we were both invited to) and I never heard form her nor did I text her. I haven't talked/texted with her for 5 days and she sends me a message this morning saying "I miss you." I responded with "I miss you too! I'd love to see you. When are you free to get together?" She responds "Why did you stop communicating after the big bday party?" I respond saying "we both stopped communicating. I asked you several times to get together and you haven't been clear. When you are ready to see me, give me a call, I'm not interested in simply texting back and forth."

She hasn't responded since my last message above which was 10 hrs ago. What the hell is she doing? Anyone out there please offer you help!!

• Author
Because you called her on her own BS. Stay strong and don't initiate again.

Do you mean the BS with her saying she misses me? Like...OK you miss me, then let's see one another?

If that's the case, then is this just a "I want to know he is still there" situation?

The BS that she was trying to put on you for not calling her. You called her bluff on wanting to see you. When she initiates again ignore unless she wants to see you and then respond that you're unavailable, this will show her that you're not playing games.

• Like 1
  • Author
The BS that she was trying to put on you for not calling her. You called her bluff on wanting to see you. When she initiates again ignore unless she wants to see you and then respond that you're unavailable, this will show her that you're not playing games.

Turn the tables and shift the power! I like it! Women and their f'n games. Am I right!?!?

• Like 2

You're allowing her to jerk you around. She broke up with you and has been ignoring you. Stop jumping like a little puppy every time she texts. Block her and start healing so that you can get on with your life. Your relationship was already quite dysfunctional before the Thanksgiving Cold War. Give it a peaceful burial and carry on with your life.

• Like 1
  • Author
You're allowing her to jerk you around. She broke up with you and has been ignoring you. Stop jumping like a little puppy every time she texts. Block her and start healing so that you can get on with your life. Your relationship was already quite dysfunctional before the Thanksgiving Cold War. Give it a peaceful burial and carry on with your life.

I don't agree that I'm jumping like a puppy. I didn't reach out for 5 days and when she did, I tried to set a date but she avoided the question and I called her on it. I was very direct and clear with my intentions.

I agree that I need to block her and start moving forward It's strange because I'd figure that this NC would drive her crazy. The last time we were out together, I was asked a by two people if I was Ben Affleck and they were women. She didn't want to go to the restroom without me going too. So she is jealous, I'm just thrown off because she is fine with letting me do my own thing for basically two weeks. She has always been a little jealous so I'm wondering if there is someone else in the picture, occupying her time?

But indeed she is playing games, especially after I conveyed that her abandoning the relationship has it's consequences. But she continues her behavior so I must remove myself from her life entirely. I just blocked her on LinkedIn and Gchat.

I'd like to mention that she never wanted to be friends on Facebook. Tell me that's not a RED FLAG!?!?

Turn the tables and shift the power! I like it! Women and their f'n games. Am I right!?!?

Man, don't stoop down to her passive-aggressive games.

You handled everything in a mature manner. She is the immature one.

• Like 1

You essentially told her in a gentle way that she needs to grow the **** up. So now she is probably pissed and giving you the silent treatment. Which at least lets you know that you weren't in the wrong there, heh.

• Like 1

It's strange because I'd figure that this NC would drive her crazy. The last time we were out together, I was asked a by two people if I was Ben Affleck and they were women. She didn't want to go to the restroom without me going too. So she is jealous, I'm just thrown off because she is fine with letting me do my own thing for basically two weeks. She has always been a little jealous so I'm wondering if there is someone else in the picture, occupying her time?

Nevermind you both need to grow up a bit.

No Contact, No Contact..

Dude, she threw you a breadcrumb and you ate it up.

She was pulling on the leash to see if the dog was still there. She pulled and saw the dog was off the leash. She went looking for the dog.

"I miss you" is not, "I'm sorry. I was wrong and I'll do anything to get you back."

• Like 2
...she sends me a message this morning saying "I miss you." I responded with "I miss you too! I'd love to see you. When are you free to get together?

This is the behavior I referenced. Stop being eager beaver asking her to play with you after she ignored you for five days straight and had been playing you like a yo-yo. Where is your self-respect?

Incidentally, now is not the time to get angry about her red flags. When they occurred, you should have addressed them. You didn't. Why not? Lots to learn from this experience.

• Like 1

You said it yourself, her attitude is exhausting, so why bother getting back together? Love is not enough, soon the headaches will be back, and that's not worth it.

Get rid of her passive aggressiveness, you will be better off in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Author
Nevermind you both need to grow up a bit.

No Contact, No Contact..

I know my friend. I'm humble enough to admit that I have some growing up to do. I appreciate your advice. Tell me your thoughts...I know my reply sounds childish in terms of the vindictive nature. How would you handle this if you were in my situation?

• Author
Dude, she threw you a breadcrumb and you ate it up.

She was pulling on the leash to see if the dog was still there. She pulled and saw the dog was off the leash. She went looking for the dog.

"I miss you" is not, "I'm sorry. I was wrong and I'll do anything to get you back."

I only want a woman who will fight to the bitter end to keep the relationship going steady. It's obvious that she is just wanting to be reassured that I'm still on the other end of the line. There has been no I'm apology.

You walk away with your dignity in your pocket, and you just go NC. If you have some growing up to do, do just that, as a single man.

• Like 1
  • Author
You said it yourself, her attitude is exhausting, so why bother getting back together? Love is not enough, soon the headaches will be back, and that's not worth it.

Get rid of her passive aggressiveness, you will be better off in the long run.

Thank you! I asked myself the simple question, " If I stopped fighting for the relationship to remain, would there even be one?

I think the answer is obvious.

• Author
You walk away with your dignity in your pocket, and you just go NC. If you have some growing up to do, do just that, as a single man.

Thumbs Up!! It's time to just wrap this up as a lesson to be learned, you know? I hate games and this girl is obviously wanting to string along something that should have ended a while ago.

• Author
This is the behavior I referenced. Stop being eager beaver asking her to play with you after she ignored you for five days straight and had been playing you like a yo-yo. Where is your self-respect?

Incidentally, now is not the time to get angry about her red flags. When they occurred, you should have addressed them. You didn't. Why not? Lots to learn from this experience.

I was trying to keep the door open so I'm not the dude that is a hot head saying, leave me alone. You're right, the self-respect issue plays a factor.

Lesson learned from this...if a woman is not willing to put forth the effort (which should be minimal) then there is no relationship. God damnit! I feel like a fool for even responding asking to get together. It must be nice to know an ex wants to see you and get together, right?

I understand why you did it. Don't feel bad for trying.

But since she's ignored you in the past (even before this Thanksgiving argument), I would just drop her.

Sorry things ended badly.

• Like 2
  • Author
I understand why you did it. Don't feel bad for trying.

But since she's ignored you in the past (even before this Thanksgiving argument), I would just drop her.

Sorry things ended badly.

I know this reply is simple, but it really means a lot to me! THANK YOU!

• Like 1
Thumbs Up!! It's time to just wrap this up as a lesson to be learned, you know? I hate games and this girl is obviously wanting to string along something that should have ended a while ago.

Imagine yourself with someone who doesn't treat you like that. Work on your own issues, and come spring, meet someone new.

Let me just understand - You didn't break up with her, and she didn't break up with you, right? You just stop communicating... yes?

I just thought about something.. you received "I miss you".. wouldn't it be awesome to have answered "I don't".

I mean, that's the ultimate break up nail in the coffin.

• Like 2
SoThatHappened
I just thought about something.. you received "I miss you".. wouldn't it be awesome to have answered "I don't".

I don't advocate any contact by the dumpee to breadcrumbs like this, but man I would love to do that!

• Like 1