Birthday of ex

I wouldn't do anything unless you're prepared for getting the resonse you don't want to hear. I sent my ex one and wish I never did looking back on it. You're broken up so you owe her nothing anymore. Treat as just another day and be happy. You'll thank yourself later

• Like 2

I agree; if this person is resisting any effort to get back together, then I would say do not wish her a happy birthday.

My ex's birthday was in October, and I intentionally did not wish her a happy birthday. I did not check her page or anything. The only thing I saw about her was that a mutual friend on FB changed her Main Picture to be a photo of the two of them (an older photo). But beyond that, I have no idea what she did, etc. I feel like I sent a strong message by not wishing her happy birthday. I know she felt that. I also did not wish her happy thanksgiving. You have to focus on yourself and building a new life, a better life, without them. You find a new life with better people and better experiences (even though that may seem tough to find at first).

I think it does depend. If you are not over her and she has not been initiating contact with substance for a while, then absolutely no way. If you are in constant contact and trying to work things out and they are progressing, then ok.