Break up induced mental illness.

dont really see things getting better. It been a month already. the thoughts of her with someone else are consuming me. The nonchalant way she ended it. All the questions I have. I dont want to be hung up on this forever but I dont see it ever getting better. My thoughts are getting more obsessive, cant stop imagining the love of my life getting railed by other dudes. This is killing me. I was a normal happy person before all this.

It does get better but it's not always quick process.

Are you keeping yourself busy & surrounding yourself with positive supportive people? If not, do that.

Have you gotten rid of any momentos, trinkets, reminders etc around your living space? Putting that away helps.

Have your changed your routine? Trying new things helps you realize the world is still turning even though you are apart.

If you are really concerned, get some therapy

• Like 2
evanescentworld
dont really see things getting better.

Then they won't.

It been a month already. the thoughts of her with someone else are consuming me.

They don't have a life of they're own. if you have thoughts, it's because you're permitting yourself to think them.

Your Mind is under your control.

Put it this way - under who else's control could it possibly be....?

The nonchalant way she ended it. All the questions I have

Ok, go back, right now, and change it. Step back in time, and alter the whole scenario.

Well, you can't, can you?

It's always going to be the way it was, isn't it?

There are no questions she could possibly answer to your satisfaction, because she will not give you the answers you want.

They never do. (Read the NC Guide for further explanation).

I dont want to be hung up on this forever
well yes, actually, part of you does...

but I dont see it ever getting better.

Like I said, if you don't see it, then it won't because you won't let it progress. You're stuck.

My thoughts are getting more obsessive, cant stop imagining the love of my life getting railed by other dudes.
Well when you see yourself beginning to think this way, halt your thoughts. They're yours after all, to do with as you wish....

This is killing me.

YOU - are 'killing' you. This is down to you, nobody else....

I was a normal happy person before all this.

You still are - or would be, if you didn't keep self-sabotaging.

d0nninvain is right. Get professional help, because clearly, you've lost the handle on how to deal with your own mind-set.....

• Like 1

mr.blonde you are grieving the loss of a significant relationship in your life. You need support to help you cope. I would suggest seeing a cognitive therapist or a grief counselor until you feel more stable about the situation.

dont really see things getting better. It been a month already. the thoughts of her with someone else are consuming me. The nonchalant way she ended it. All the questions I have. I dont want to be hung up on this forever but I dont see it ever getting better. My thoughts are getting more obsessive, cant stop imagining the love of my life getting railed by other dudes. This is killing me. I was a normal happy person before all this.

I feel your pain, my friend.

I think a good start on the right path to getting over this is to stop focusing on her. You should focus more on yourself.

She's still on a pedestal in your mind... it's as if she's some special goddess-like individual whose company itself is like mana from heaven in your mind. I know, I've been there. It's a delusion and it's not true. She's just another chick, and your heart is trying to reject this fact as you read it, but it's true. The fog will lift eventually.

Just focus on yourself and build your self-esteem up. Get new clothes, work out, volunteer for events in your city and meet new people. Trust me, it will go away.