Betrayed and heartbroken

I am 18 years old. I am deeply in love with my girlfriend, and have known her for a few years now. We started going out when I was 16, but we broke up 6 months into our relationship. I decided to break it off because she was depressed and cutting and I didn't know how to handle her self harm. I found it too painful to even speak to her, and we didn't have contact with each other for a year. during that time she found herself a new boyfriend, and they were together for 11 months. Eventually we started talking to each other again and that eventually led to us going out again. We have now been together again for 7 months. However, a month into our relationship she cheated on me with her previous boyfriend. I loved her so much that I forgave her after a few days, and although everything wasn't totally ok, we stayed together. The peace lasted for a few months, until I went away for 2 weeks on my schools senior trip. She cheated on me again during this period, until she went on her own vacation her following week. I still don't understand why I forgave her, even though most people would have been done after that. It's been months since then, and as far as I can tell she has remained faithful, at least in bed. But she makes no secret that she still cares about her ex, and says that they are just friends. I forbade her from so much as speaking to him if she wanted to keep me, but she keeps trying to get me to let her talk to him. It's been the cause of many fights, and I don't know if I want to do this anymore. I don't know if I can do this anymore. I love her dearly, even after everything that's happened. There are a lot of days when I think that she is the only good thing in my life, but I can't stand the lack of faithfulness she has to me. Call me old fashioned, but I don't believe people who were in love with each other can ever be just friends. I feel like she takes my forgiveness for granted, and doesn't care about how badly it hurts me that she still cares about him. I've been having terrible mood swings lately where I'll be calm and ok about it one moment but then a minute later I'm getting ready to go kill her ex. It keeps me awake late at night, and its to the point where I can't trust her to stay away from him. Should I stick with it and ride out the hurricane, or should I just break it off now?

She cheats on you multiple times - basically every time you aren't there to ensure that she doesn't stray. And then she wants to talk to this same guy - because they're "friends"?!

Break it off. Block her from your life, in every possible way. You will be devastated, and hurt, and it's going to suck for a while, but you'll end up hurting so much more if you remain with her.

You deserve to be with someone who respects you enough to not stray.

evanescentworld

No need to read.

18 years old?

break it off now.

Nothing is worth being this anxious, upset and sad over, at your age.

At your age, the word 'fun' should be the order of the day, not "repeatedly cheating partner is walking all over me" (which is basically, in a nutshell, what your post is saying).

She is not committed to you. You are the safe optional extra, the soft place to fall.

Don't be that guy.

Break it off now.

• Like 1