Not 100% on short term NC

Hey all. Ive been through this before but I'm looking for some advice so I'll keep it brief.

I started seeing this girl around April or so, we hit it off had tons in common same as most other people on here.

Now things became physical, it was clear we weren't just "friends" anymore. She did send up a few red flags so I tried to not become overly attached and played it cool, but we got along great and had a lot of fun together.

She would never acknowledge us as an item, told me not to fall in love her because she was scared. Again I realize these were flags so I never let myself get overly attached, but again we had tuns of fun together and it was definitely real.

Fast forward to two weeks ago, she had been going through a rough patch in her life and it started driving me away a little. After about a week of barely any contact she decided we should go back to just being friends. I pretty much felt the same way at this point.

Here's what I'm not sure about. We met up to talk and she said it was 100% on her, that she is scared of every possible scenario that could come from us being together: hurting me etc. I believe her, she has always been honest about everything. She cried the whole time and told me how important I was in her life, while I played everything the right way on my end. She even told me she loved me and that she messed up on the not acknowledging us as an item thing, held my hand kissed me etc. She wants to keep the door open for the future, but just needs to figure out her own life right now.

It hasn't completely devastated me like my last breakup did (4 years), but it still stings and I miss her. I just think there was a lot of possible potential there. She wants to stay in contact and see what happens. I'm conflicted because we were great together and could maybe see it going somewhere in the future. She feels the same way. Should I just go complete NC? It certainly stings and I miss her in my life but I think potential false hopes may be weighing on me.

Any advice would be great!

Simon Phoenix

Of course you should go No Contact. Why would you let her string you along? And why would you not allow her to miss you? You've been demoted from possible lover (you never were really there) to friend -- you aren't flipping the script back by orbiting and being her "buddy". I mean, do you realize how much it will suck when she decides to go on a date with someone else, especially if she tells you about it? Dude, don't be a wuss or a chump or a weakling. Chalk this up as a loss and move forward.