Is it okay to feel awesome that your relationship is over?

I'm hoping Diezel will see this, 'cause I'm really thankful for trusting what he said. Too bad I still can't send PMs (does anybody knows when I'll be able to?!).

Okay, so I decided to break up with my boyfriend after catching him lying to me and a few (a lot) more stuff that made me realize I should move on. I like him still, we have great memories, but the bad moments are so much stronger that that's probably why I just feel utterly happy right now.

So it makes me wonder if that's okay. Every single guy who were not my boyfriend but that I was in love with and that for some reason I had to break up, afterwards I just felt very miserable - for months actually. This is a first. I'm so happy right now that I don't have to fear anything, or worry about anything, or be unsure whether he loves me or not... Idk, I just feel free and a lot better than I thought I'd feel.

Has this ever happened to any of you? Why and how did it go?

• Like 2

Yes, it has. But while there were times I was on a high, I sometimes would feel sad. It's not a bad thing when you feel that way but just the process of going through feelings that normally follow after an ending.

Enjoy your new found freedom!

• Like 1
  • Author
I think u might be in for a crash down... The relief feeling will pass x

It will, but I'm fine now. The good memories will eventually show up, but the bad ones will stay there too so I'll stick to them to get through this guy. I still like him and that's why I know it will be hard sometimes, but just to know that I've regained motivation to do a lot of stuff, it already makes me see that I'm in a better position now.

I'm hoping Diezel will see this, 'cause I'm really thankful for trusting what he said. Too bad I still can't send PMs (does anybody knows when I'll be able to?!).

Okay, so I decided to break up with my boyfriend after catching him lying to me and a few (a lot) more stuff that made me realize I should move on. I like him still, we have great memories, but the bad moments are so much stronger that that's probably why I just feel utterly happy right now.

So it makes me wonder if that's okay. Every single guy who were not my boyfriend but that I was in love with and that for some reason I had to break up, afterwards I just felt very miserable - for months actually. This is a first. I'm so happy right now that I don't have to fear anything, or worry about anything, or be unsure whether he loves me or not... Idk, I just feel free and a lot better than I thought I'd feel.

Has this ever happened to any of you? Why and how did it go?

Yes it has happened to me. Left my ex (my very first thread on LS, years old now) and I was over the moon until he - and I believe Phoe called it monkey branching or something? Then I wasn't ok. He messed me up when he did that. But the break up - I was over the moon with that! :laugh:

I am not going to be a "we told you so girl" girl. I'm just going to say I am glad you're happy now. And I think you did the right thing. :love:

Hugs.

I felt awesome after dumping my ex. Felt a sigh of relief, and didn't have to deal with her annoyances. Then I watched the movie 'HER', and immediately called her back, and said I love her. This is my current ex that dumped me.

Do not watch a sappy love movie immediately after dumping someone. If I hadn't, I might have moved on, and not truly fallen in love with her again. Now I'm signed up to this site, and reading the hundreds of threads to help me cope. :(