Do you ever look back on your relationship, and think....

Holy crap, I was her emotional tampon during the whole time!!! :confused:

Obviously it was a real, and loving relationship, but you look back, and think to yourself, "dear God, I've had to comfort this girl like 3x out of the week!"

:laugh:

• Author
I feel like that. Only it was a guy, and I've been comforting him...daily!!

Oh God, I couldn't even imagine the type of husband he'd be.

How was your day honey?

"How was my day!? How was my day!?" :lmao:

• Like 1

When I rarely look back on my last RS, I realize that my ex never loved me.

I try not to look back on that particular RS because it was the best and the worst. Which completely messed me up emotionally for a long time. Really, when I'm over my exes, I never look back.

Everyone should try their best NOT to look back at their past RSs unless it was a fairly good one and there wasn't a lot pain involved.

Edited by me85
  • Like 1

Looking back on it, I honestly think my ex settled for me cause the guys she really wanted wasn't checking her(i.e. atheletes)

Once she got that, though, I was history.

Regardless, I have no regrets, except one...why did I continue a long distance relationship? That was dumb of me.

Michelle ma Belle

I still look back and can't believe how long I was unhappy in my marriage and why I stayed as long as I did. It boggles my mind sometimes.

I really hate to use the word "wasted" but sometimes I do look back on all those years as wasted years because I was so unhappy. Who knows what my life would have been like had I left earlier...when I was younger :)

Thankfully I'm a believer that everything happens for a reason which has helped me work through any bitterness that might have festered otherwise.

• Like 1
When I rarely look back on my last RS, I realize that my ex never loved me.

I try not to look back on that particular RS because it was the best and the worst. Which completely messed me up emotionally for a long time. Really, when I'm over my exes, I never look back.

Everyone should try their best NOT to look back at their past RSs unless it was a fairly good one and there wasn't a lot pain involved.

I know exactly what you mean about your relationship being the best and the worst. I feel like that about mine, it was really great in many ways. I experienced things with her that I've never experienced before. However the good stuff is tainted by being left for someone else and being treated like crap after such a long time together.

I do not look back on it, nor do I want to. If I am honest about it I was an emotional and financial Rock for her during the whole relationship. It wasn't two ways like it should be.