My ex is trying to convince me to be her friend..After I've been 10 months NC

It's been like 10 months since we last talked. Now she texted me last week saying "hey, I'm sorry" stuff like that.

A week into casual talking she ask's me if she should patch things up with her other late ex. That was today, like just now. This was the last straw for me. I told her again, leave me alone, and that I'm done. It's not so much the fact she wants to patch up with him as much as it is the fact:

1. I dont love her

2. I dont want drama in my life anymore

I told her to please leave me alone. She can talk to anyone she wants. And she was flipping out on me and crying and stuff. I ended up defriending her. I mean wtf...a week into us talking she wants to bring up old incidents and patch everything all up again. I felt I cheated myself by giving her another shot.

Now I defriended her. She called me and was crying on the phone.. I stood firm by my decision. But I feel miserable that I made her feel sad. But really I think I'm better off like this. Did I make the right decision?

She asked you about her ex? Bro, run like she's Jason or Michael Myers. She's trying to terrorize your emotions without knowing it, or she might know it, and she's just an evil witch.

• Like 1
  • Author
She asked you about her ex? Bro, run like she's Jason or Michael Myers. She's trying to terrorize your emotions without knowing it, or she might know it, and she's just an evil witch.

Then when I tell her to take a hike she says I meant more to her than he does and She will choose me. I told her This ain't a choosing game, and that I'm flattered and all, but to 'take a hike.'

But I feel maybe i came off to strong and vindictive. But she'll get over it, thinking back. I'm assuming.

Then when I tell her to take a hike she says I meant more to her than he does and She will choose me. I told her This ain't a choosing game, and that I'm flattered and all, but to 'take a hike.'

But I feel maybe i came off to strong and vindictive. But she'll get over it, thinking back. I'm assuming.

Hook, line, and sinker. She loves you more now, but what about when her true knight in shining armor comes along (not saying you're not, but judging by this girl's wishy washy nature, I don't know).

My ex is doing the same to me, but she doesn't have a guy (not 100% sure). She might just be lonely now, and need a shoulder to cry on, and talk to, but once she's over you, and found something new and more interesting, you're left there with your heart in your lap, and it's going to be 1,000,000x worse.

My ex is "still in love with me, and never fell out of love", but needs me to take away her fear of heartbreak, and doesn't want to get too attached, because she's scared of getting hurt again. Ummmmmm, that's why you broke up with me. You were cool with me being out of your romantic life. Anything she says is a bread crumb to me, and it makes sense.

If she was hurting as bad as you, she would be WITH YOU. Plain, and simple.

All this knowledge comes from the NC thread. Read that thread, brother.

• Like 2
  • Author
Hook, line, and sinker. She loves you more now, but what about when her true knight in shining armor comes along (not saying you're not, but judging by this girl's wishy washy nature, I don't know).

My ex is doing the same to me, but she doesn't have a guy (not 100% sure). She might just be lonely now, and need a shoulder to cry on, and talk to, but once she's over you, and found something new and more interesting, you're left there with your heart in your lap, and it's going to be 1,000,000x worse.

My ex is "still in love with me, and never fell out of love", but needs me to take away her fear of heartbreak, and doesn't want to get too attached, because she's scared of getting hurt again. Ummmmmm, that's why you broke up with me. You were cool with me being out of your romantic life. Anything she says is a bread crumb to me, and it makes sense.

If she was hurting as bad as you, she would be WITH YOU. Plain, and simple.

All this knowledge comes from the NC thread. Read that thread, brother.

Dude you're absolutely right. She tried to con me out again, and snake me. She's a snake in the grass that one. Why now? Why suddenly wanting to rehash and patch up and all? What's the motive? I get it! It's because she's lone and bored. Nope! I'm not playing that game anymore.

Seriously? Like a week into convo she starts talking about other guys? PEACE! Bye! Thank you! lol

• Like 1
Dude you're absolutely right. She tried to con me out again, and snake me. She's a snake in the grass that one. Why now? Why suddenly wanting to rehash and patch up and all? What's the motive? I get it! It's because she's lone and bored. Nope! I'm not playing that game anymore.

Seriously? Like a week into convo she starts talking about other guys? PEACE! Bye! Thank you! lol

Good for you man.

I wish I did it as fast as you did. You're doing what any man should do - stood up for himself and didn't get sucked into some stupid emotional roller coaster that'll hurt you.

My ex came back and told me she wants me back after an entire year, within 4-5 days she backed off and ran for the hills. Your ex may want to test the waters with you and wants to keep you in her life to "see" if things will eventually go somewhere. It isn't your job to help her feel better..good on you and keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Yeah dude. You need to stop communicating with her. This isn't helping. You sound strong, but you don't want to get knocked back a few pegs in your healing.

• Like 2

Yeah, bro. As soon as she mentioned another guy, that was a red flag. That's like you bringing up another girl with her. It's a subconscious way of saying, "I like this one guy too."

• Like 1

Of course you made the right decision. How appalling that she would ask for your advice on how to patch things up with another guy! That's so unclassy.

I'm really sorry your ex is so self centered and careless of your feelings.

You did great for 10 whole months without communicating with her. Go back to NC for sure and in no way should you feel the least bit bad for telling her to leave you alone. You didn't make her sad. She did that to herself. I'll even go as far to say that she deserved to end up being hurt and crying after daring to ask what she asked of you.

An ex wanting you to be their friend enough to the point where they ask you for romantic advice regarding someone else??? YA...unrealistic. Soooo very rare that ex couples can discuss things like that and be there for an ex that way.

Is she like on crack or something?? Sorry, but wow. The nerve!

• Like 1

You made the right decision.

Nevertheless I probably would have handled it in a more whimpy, less confrontational matter & said sure we can be friends, without really meaning it. I would dodge her calls & set up social media so her stuff is not in my feed etc.

• Like 1

Well played friend. You handled it well, obviously a drama queen let her deal with her own nonsense. What kind of a question is that to ask you, unbelievable.

• Like 1
  • Author

The thing that irritated me the most...or blew me out of the water 'SKY HIGH,' was after having the audacity to ask me if she should work things out with him, her reply to my reaction.

I told her to do what she wants, leave me out of her decisions as I am not her boyfriend and I don't give a da&% what she does with her life...

You know what she says??!?

1. "DRAMA QUEEN"

2."I didnt know you would react like this or else I wouldn't have told you"

Like are you "effing' kidding me? I'm the drama queen? Also, how would any 'sane' person react to that? To be honest, I don't give crap what she does, I just don't need the headache, I'm floating in a sea of work as it is. And It took my 10 months to finallly be optimistic again. Shes not raining on my parade...I got kazoos playing the background and drummers up front. :bunny::bunny:

• Like 1
The thing that irritated me the most...or blew me out of the water 'SKY HIGH,' was after having the audacity to ask me if she should work things out with him, her reply to my reaction.

I told her to do what she wants, leave me out of her decisions as I am not her boyfriend and I don't give a da&% what she does with her life...

You know what she says??!?

1. "DRAMA QUEEN"

2."I didnt know you would react like this or else I wouldn't have told you"

Like are you "effing' kidding me? I'm the drama queen? Also, how would any 'sane' person react to that? To be honest, I don't give crap what she does, I just don't need the headache, I'm floating in a sea of work as it is. And It took my 10 months to finallly be optimistic again. Shes not raining on my parade...I got kazoos playing the background and drummers up front. :bunny::bunny:

You know what, F that girl FOR REAL for almost ruining 10 months of grueling NC time. I'm glad you're good, man. If my ex even attempted that after 10 months of NC, I'd put a hit out on her. LOL

JK JK.

• Like 1