Good book to read for understanding what may have happened

Hey everyone,

I know most of you here want to get back with your ex but also to understand what actually happened during your break up. There is a great book I have been reading called uncoupling: turning point in intimate relationships. It really has helped me see things from both perspectives from a purely sociological point of view. I can see a lot of the parallels between what the author says and what happened in my own relationship. To repeat, this book is NOT a book to save your relationship if its already over. It just explains what may have happened so you have a better understanding and can hopefully have some closure. If anyone else has read it I would love to discuss. I am only half way through!

Thank you so much for this recommendation. I read the whole book last night after managing to borrow an electronic copy from openlibrary. It really helped to answer some of the questions I had about why my breakup seemed so much easier for her than it was for me, and why she seemed so resistant to try to solve any of the problems she saw.

• Author

No problem! I read it all too. I just wish I had read it before my breakup. I am glad it helped you understand some what? There are still some things I don't understand about mine and I might never. I hope you are doing well man. If you want to talk, this site is a great release and I am always willing to read someone else's story and see if i can help!