Ex guilt?

theholybible

Hi everyone.

About 2 months ago my now ex-girlfriend broke up with me. It sucked, but we didn't go no contact; we decided to see if we could go back to being friends. We hooked up once or twice during this time, but every time I asked for reconciliation, she said no, not now, and stuff like that. Three weeks after our break up, I hooked up with someone else, and my ex freaked out. She kept saying that I cheated on her.

I'm still seeing the new girl, and my ex has relaxed a bit, but still says that I never cared about her and that she never deserved this. Honestly, she was awesome, and I would've waited, but being told no over and over again really made me lose hope.

I feel like **** about all of this now. I don't know what to do. Do I stop seeing the new girl and take some time to gather my thoughts? Should I go no contact with my ex? All of the above? I care about my ex (naturally), she just doesn't believe it, and for some reason I have a desire to prove to her that I do.

Also, pretty sure my new relationship is a rebound, based on the timeline. Thoughts on that would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

You did not cheat on your EX. You were broken up. You were free to see anybody you wanted. The fact that you asked your EX for a reconciliation several times & she rejected you, makes her whining now that much more disingenuous.

If she brings it up again, remind her that you sought reconciliation which she rejected before you started dating this other woman so her level of caring commitment to you is in question, not yours.

She sounds a bit nutty so I'd be grateful for the change to severe all contact. You don't need her made up drama.

• Like 1
StrangerThanFiction
Hi everyone.

About 2 months ago my now ex-girlfriend broke up with me. It sucked, but we didn't go no contact; we decided to see if we could go back to being friends. We hooked up once or twice during this time, but every time I asked for reconciliation, she said no, not now, and stuff like that. Three weeks after our break up, I hooked up with someone else, and my ex freaked out. She kept saying that I cheated on her.

I'm still seeing the new girl, and my ex has relaxed a bit, but still says that I never cared about her and that she never deserved this. Honestly, she was awesome, and I would've waited, but being told no over and over again really made me lose hope.

I feel like **** about all of this now. I don't know what to do. Do I stop seeing the new girl and take some time to gather my thoughts? Should I go no contact with my ex? All of the above? I care about my ex (naturally), she just doesn't believe it, and for some reason I have a desire to prove to her that I do.

Also, pretty sure my new relationship is a rebound, based on the timeline. Thoughts on that would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, absolutely go NC with your ex. Sounds like she just wants you around as a back burner option. Her saying you cheated on her after SHE dumped YOU and then turned you down multiple times for reconciliation? Wow. Hello guilt trip, much? A case of "I don't want you but I don't want anyone else to have you, either." Sounds like she just wanted you to be around pining after her so she could have a little ego boost.

As for the new girl, if you think she's a rebound then she probably is and it's probably best for you to end it. It's not fair to either of you any other way. Try going single for awhile.

Funny thing is, our Ex's don't want us. But, they don't want us having anyone else in our lives. She broke up with you, so it doesn't make sense to her that YOU are moving on before she has a chance to!

Bottomline, she broke up with you. She decided that she didn't want to be with you any longer. You asked and asked time and time again and her answer was still "NO".

At that point you should have gone NC on her. This was her choice, not yours.